Thread: The Budget Centrifugal Supercharger Kit - (Hyde Motor Works Project Build Log)

My Cars
    One Too Many

Thumbs up The Budget Centrifugal Supercharger Kit - (Hyde Motor Works Project Build Log)

Hello Gentlemen, Its been a good part of a decade that the Budget Roots Supercharger Kit project we started for BMW's took off.
    (https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...0#post30703620) and gave birth to so many other kits that followed including the massive 600HP+ behemoth M122H supercharger kit.

Due to the COVID pandemic situation things have been slow, but we have been steadily busy with a few ideas and projects.

This Project is called Harbinger and it uses a centrifugal supercharger. The kits will be made for the 6 Cylinder & 8 Cylinder BMW Engines as the M5x, S5x and M6x and N6x engines, these would be in house affordable units that pushes out some 9-10PSI of boost. The first prototype build is based on the E46 325xi with the M54 engine. Will also support the M52 and M50 engines respectfully as well as the S54 and S50/S52.
    Here is a picture of us playing with the concept brackets in the early prototype stages.

We will post updates of things as we go here, the kit which is to be released next year.

let us know what you all think!

Project Harbinger!

Harbinger Centrifugal 2021-07-10 at 11.13.38 PM.jpeg
    Last edited by MisterM52; 07-12-2021 at 06:09 AM.
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    Neat!

Now there isn't a lot of space in the engine bay for a large super charger, so I am interested in the space management for that and the intercooler.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by dworthy View Post
    Neat!

Now there isn't a lot of space in the engine bay for a large super charger, so I am interested in the space management for that and the intercooler.
    Thanks, :-) We have actually have some very larger superchargers installed on these motors using our custom manifolds, like the Eaton M122H and the TVS 2350, both from the Mustang GT500. The larger roots superchargers are very capable, this we want to offer as a alternative cost efficient variant. Link to the original thread that started the topic is here: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...rcharger-Build
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

My Cars
    One Too Many

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    Is it going to be ran on the main belt, or are you looking at adding a secondary one?

Also is it going to be ran on a magnetic clutch, or straight drive?
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    One Too Many
    It will be running on a separate secondary drive we are designing, The supercharger design is a very simple direct gearless and oilfree dry one, so no oil cooling is needed and its good for over 50,000RPM. However to spin it that fast we cant use a serpentine belt, so we are using a gear driven mechanism.

It will be a straight drive no magnetic clutches.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    The first part of video series for the Harbinger Centrifugal Supercharger Kit from us is premiering tomorrow, 4.30 CEST Time!

My Cars
    One Too Many

Thumbs up Update!

Hey everyone, time for a much awaited update.

Our Harbinger Supercharger Kit is finally complete.
    It is scheduled to be released in fall 2022, after all tests have been done.

Pre-orders will start in September 2022! We are offering a special discount for the first 10 orders.

Also currently we have our Summer 2022 Sale going on, 22% off all our supercharger kits!
    https://hydemotorworks.com/harbinger...roject-update/

Hyde-Motor-Works-Summer-22-Sale-Banner01.jpg