Thread: BMW M10 - Supercharging the Legend (Hyde Motor Works Project)

My Cars
    One Too Many

Thumbs up BMW M10 - Supercharging the Legend (Hyde Motor Works Project)

Hello Everyone, Any BMW M10 fans here?

Its been a long time, due to the pandemic last year a whole lot of our new projects were delayed, but we are back. I thought I use this as a log for a BMW M10 engine supercharger project we were doing, as something for the BMW 2002 fans and such. Right now it will support an Eaton M45 and in the future we plan to make it support the Eaton M62, the SC12 and SC14 superchargers. It uses an Alternator from the BMW M50/M52 and has a custom bracket that allows you to mount the supercharger onto the engines side without much trouble.

The project is called O.T. M10 (Old Timer) lead Hyde Motor Works and designed by a good friend whos a big time enthusiast in Australia, his name is Travis. We have been working on it slowly since last year.

Here are some quick pictures of the work so far while we were trying to measure the right belt sizes, just testing out with wooden mock outs, soon the first working prototype will be built out of metal and CNC along with a custom crank pulley, once all things check out, we will release these kits to public while we work on the M20 and M30 Engines using larger superchargers.

Let me know your thoughts and if anyone is interested in these old historical engines.

M10 OT 2021-07-10 at 08.47.52.jpeg

M10 OT 2021-07-10 at 08.47.50.jpegM10 OT 2021-07-10 at 08.47.50(1).jpegM10 OT 2021-07-10 at 08.47.51(1).jpeg
    Last edited by MisterM52; 07-13-2021 at 03:12 AM.
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    I am restoring a 2002 and am interested but am not a purist and would also consider engine swaps using another BMW motor or a non BMW motor. Not looking for massive power — anywhere around 200 rwhp would be fine. Before I do anything, I need to figure out tuning. I’d like to convert to a very simple and reliable fuel injection and ignition system, probably a stand alone.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    If you like, we can send you a free kit to test out and install and do a review on? We are playing with the L and K jets for the injection and such. There will be a youtube video on this soon.

I think this kit appears to both the purist and non purist so that both can get some more power out of their stock engine, as the kit changes nothing much really, the AC is however not yet functional with the current generation but its in the works.

Let us know what you guys think!
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Here is a video of the work so far, premieres on the 16th

My Cars
    One Too Many
    The video is now online

My Cars
    yay
    Pretty neat. M10's are awesome. We did a 2K mi roadtrip in my '02 a couple years ago. The thing did nearly all of it at 4K RPM. A supercharger would be amazing and there is so much room for stuff in the engine bay.
    CARS
    02.92 325is / 06.72 2002 / 02.91 XJ / 08.04 R53 JCW

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxxx View Post
    Pretty neat. M10's are awesome. We did a 2K mi roadtrip in my '02 a couple years ago. The thing did nearly all of it at 4K RPM. A supercharger would be amazing and there is so much room for stuff in the engine bay.

Yep they are quite something, with their history and the formula 1. Haha. We will need some testers in the future on the 2002 as well so stay tuned!

My Cars
    One Too Many

Its here!

Hey M10 Folks! After a lot of setbacks, we are back and have finished the pre production prototype. Here is an update video!

https://hydemotorworks.com/bmw-m10-s...2002-e30-more/