Thread: Door lock problems. Please help!

My Cars
    2015 750xi M-Sport

Door lock problems. Please help!

I have a 2015 750ix M-sport. Car is awesome. Have about 80000 miles on her with very few issues. Bought it used 3 years ago. My wife called me and said there is something major going on with the car. She locked the car from the remote. The mirrors retracted, doors locked, and alarm chirped.. Normal.. However, when she came back out they will not unlock with either the comfort access, or the remote. She had to use the key to unlock. All the other doors won't unlock at all. Even from the inside. She drove home and I tried to look at it. If you try and open any of the doors (driver side can still be opened from inside) ,the first pull on the handle will raise the lock button on the door. But when you go and try the second pull to open, the pin just drops back down. I checked all the listed fuses (both locations) but they were all fine. Obviously something amiss with the central locking system. She had to open the gas door from the trunk release as well. Any suggestions or guidance?

My Cars
    2014 BMW 740Li xDrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldolfan View Post
    I have a 2015 750ix M-sport. Car is awesome. Have about 80000 miles on her with very few issues. Bought it used 3 years ago. My wife called me and said there is something major going on with the car. She locked the car from the remote. The mirrors retracted, doors locked, and alarm chirped.. Normal.. However, when she came back out they will not unlock with either the comfort access, or the remote. She had to use the key to unlock. All the other doors won't unlock at all. Even from the inside. She drove home and I tried to look at it. If you try and open any of the doors (driver side can still be opened from inside) ,the first pull on the handle will raise the lock button on the door. But when you go and try the second pull to open, the pin just drops back down. I checked all the listed fuses (both locations) but they were all fine. Obviously something amiss with the central locking system. She had to open the gas door from the trunk release as well. Any suggestions or guidance?
    Hi Deldolfan,

This issue is actually common amongst other F-chassis as well. I believe that reprogramming the remote control should solve this issue. Try to book an appointment with a BMW repair station so that they can reprogram your key. (I am 90% sure this will work. If not ask them to replace the battery in the key)

If that solution does not work, you may have a defective key (5% likely).

In the extremely rare case that the above does not work, you may need to flash the ECU (Please note that this should be a last-resort fix...for the sake of completion 5% likely)

I hope this helps and by all means feel free to share your resolution with others.

Best,
    Christopher F01