Thread: 98 M Roadster track prepped S54 (lots of mods)

My Cars
    E90M3

98 M Roadster track prepped S54 (lots of mods)

Price: $16K

FB add: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3-fbaa543edf67

I've had this car for over 7 years now. Absolutely no rust on it, been primarily a track car for the last 3-4 years with maybe 4000 miles driven total during that time. I did very few events, maybe 4-5 a year. Car is very well sorted, needs absolutely nothing, can be used as a fun cruiser or take it to the track tomorrow. Full breakdown of parts/mods:

Drivetrain:
    S54 conversion from a donor e46 M3 (engine and trans had 98,000 miles when swapped)
    Service on engine: rod bearings, VANOS seals/hubs/solenoid, valve lash, fresh gaskets, cooling 2018
    Full S54 conversion harness from Kessel
    Full length headers (megan racing)/full custom 2.25” exhaust (not too loud)
    Jim Kessel did the tune
    E46m3 engine harness with factory DME
    CSF radiator/Derale 19 row oil cooler
    Custom power steering lines/cooler to prevent boiling fluid (works well)
    Getrag 420 6 speed
    New dual mass flywheel from 2018
    New oem clutch also 2018
    3.62LSD diff rebuilt in 2018
    Suspension:
    TCK single adjustable coilovers (400lbs front/500lbs rear)
    Brand new bushings all around (front arms, rear subframe, engine/trans mounts AKG everything)
    IE weld in tabs for rear camber/caster
    Vorshlag front camber plates
    New guibo and center support bearing
    Chassis:
    Welded/reinforced front strut towers
    Randy Forbes Dual Ear rear reinforcement (all sealed and done correctly)
    No Softtop…ONLY HARDTOP
    Alignment specs for front are -2.8* camber and 0.10 toe in/rear is -3.0* camber and 0.15 toe in
    Corner Balanced to 51%-49% front/rear and 50/50 cross. Total weight is 2900lbs
    Interior:
    Sparco Pro2000 driver and passenger seats mounted with VAC driver and planted mount for passenger
    CAE shifter
    AIM MXP strada dash with GPS
    AIM sensors include: oil pressure, oil temperature and diff temp (along with S54 can bus for everything else…RPM, tps, ECT…etc)
    Brakes:
    Front is Wilwood SLR 4 piston calipers with 332/32 slotted 2 piece rotors
    PFC 08 pads
    Rear are oem calipers with Gloc R12 pads
    This brake set up has 2 track days on it so almost new. At least 14 hours left on the front rotors and more than that on the rears
    Bimmerworld brake cooling plates installed (the ducting hoses are currently removed and do not come with the car…I destroyed them at the last event and have not replaced them)
    Stainless lines all around
    I ran motul RB660 in this car, brake fluid hasn’t been changed since 2019 so probably not a bad idea to do that.
    Brake feel with this set up is phenomenal. No brake fade, no boiling of fluid, no pedal mush, no issues whatsoever. I’ve ran factory calipers, 996 calipers and Wilwoods on this car and the Wilwood set up is by far superior (having 2 piece rotors is the major advantage in cooling).
    Wheels:
    The car will come with SSR Type C wheels
    17x8 et 38 front with 225/45/17 Hankook RS3 tires (these are old street tires with plenty of tread, just not good enough for the track)
    17x9.5 et15 rear with 255/40/17 Hankook RS3 same condition tires. Date code is 2016
    Extended studs all around with a 10mm spacer out front and 15mm rear

I know it seems like this car is primarily set up for track use but its still wonderful on the street. Its nimble, quick, and still very appealing (especially for its age). This car is, however, not perfect. I’ve never really cared about little dings and tiny scratches. For the first 4 years of its life, I only drove this car on the street. Ever since 2018, I only drove it to and from track days. Everything has always held up great. Oil changes twice or more per year. Trans fluid change at least once a year (along with diff fluid). Current fluids in the car are all from this year.
    Reason I’m selling it now is due to my car situation, I have too many and this one doesn’t get the attention it deserves. I recently picked up a z3 coupe and that has taken the place of a track car for me. Now, the MRoadster mainly just sits around waiting for its turn to get on the lift for maintenance. Its time for someone else to really enjoy this thing for what it is.
    Car is currently in West Chicago (Chicago suburb west of Addison). It sits at my shop space and can be put on a lift for a full inspection. Can be viewed there anytime so long as we agree on a meeting time (takes me a while to get out there).
    There are some Cons with this vehicle:
    No AC
    Window regulators are slow and get stuck a little sometimes
    Minor scratches and dings
    No fuel gauge
    Absolutely NO RUST! For any serious buyer, please contact me and we can go over any questions you may have. This car is surprisingly comfortable for having bucket seats. I wouldn’t hesitate to get in and drive anywhere in the country (if you’re brave enough with the heat). All this thing needs to be a competent track car is new tires of your choice (and brake fluid flush just to be safe).

Thank You for looking
    Last edited by Kondata; 10-05-2021 at 11:06 AM.

My Cars
    E90M3
    price lowered

My Cars
    '00 Z3M, '06 Z4M
    Wow, this is a deal. GLWS
    Check out my M Roadster projects and DIYs:
    Cooling system part 1: https://youtu.be/ERqztIL1DPw
    Cooling system part 2: https://youtu.be/-DnclDkn2hI
    Power convertible top: https://youtu.be/KLYNqkCBh_M
    Head unit removal: https://youtu.be/LKe9fPKrAqE