Thread: A couple of tips for watching F1 live or upon demand

My Cars
    TBD

A couple of tips for watching F1 live or upon demand

Firstly I use https://f1calendar.com/ to check dates/times (in my timezone - you can set timezome) for all the FP, quali, and race sessions. The times are all accurate (and the host updates any changes to times very quickly indeed).

Secondly I've got an F1TV pro subscription. Can be found here: https://f1tv.formula1.com/

Prior to the race in Baku, I would never have recommended F1TV because of how terrible their live streaming was. Cutting out, pauses, needing to reload live broadcasts (they also use Sky commentary (Crofty, Brundle, PdR, Karun, Ant Davidson, and even sometimes Button and Rosberg) and have Jaques and Rosanna for the pit lane commentary. However, if my stream was suffering (which has been fixed because Baku was perfect) I'd just wait till the race finished and then go watch it again. You can watch all sessions (including F1 originals) and old races on F1TV.

During live stream you can change camera to any driver's onboard cam and hear their radio broadcasts. You can have multiple sessions open and there can view live timing and watch the race or pit lane and/or any driver's onboard.

No commercials and you can pause it to grab a snack etc and not miss any of the action. You can rewind during an incident and check the driver's onboard and hear their team radio.

I think it's now safe to say that's mature enough for me to recommend. It's $10 a month or $80 for a year. Very worthwhile if you're an avid F1 fan.

Cheers!

My Cars
    2000 EuroSport RHD 540it
    If you have seen F1 on ESPN this is a graphic they desperately need instead of the stupid split times (tick marks for each sector, purple for best, and all other sector colors representing the sector they have had): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rexLvg6hZig

This allows you to see who is setting personal/overall bests with the 3 different tick marks next to the driver name. I have been watching supercars recently and if they had this I believe it would be a lot easier to follow (passively) to see where people are especially during qualifying

Also, go Van Ginsbergen and Max!!!
    Current:
    2000 RHD Euro Sport Slicktop 540it Glacier Green/Black
    2009 LHD e92 335i Sport Black/Black

Former:
    1997 5sp locker 4Runner Green/Beige
    1991 Buick Park Avenue Gold/Beige