Thread: 2018 540 ac problem?

My Cars
    2018 540i

2018 540 ac problem?

my 2018 540 's air condition has never been right. I brought it to the dealer to check it and was told its is normal. It appears to me that the middle fans will never be on high when you set the air to automatic circulation no matter how hot the car is . My old 2008 528 seemed to know to set the middle fan on high when it is really hot. i never felt that old bmw's ac was not adequate. All my other cars, toyota highlander, porsche, lexus, none seem to have this problem. when the car is hot, the middle fans will go into high gear and blow cold air. This new 540, i bought it new, never seem to do that! is it set this way be design (thats why the dealer said its normal)? Does any body have similar problem? thanks in advance for your reply.

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    BMW changed the blower operation in “AUTO” mode with the F chassis models…so perhaps this carried over to the G chassis models, too.

In the older E series…as you mentioned…if AUTO was selected on the IHKA panel…the blower speed would automatically go to the highest setting to quickly bring the cabin to the selected temp.

With the F chassis…the blower operational parameters changed. When in AUTO mode…the blower/fan speed has an INTENSITY setting. So when in AUTO mode….if you have the fan speed set to only 2 or 3 bars…that is the highest intensity that the blower will go. It will obviously take longer to cool the interior if ambient temps are high…but the “owner” doesn’t have to suffer with the noise of the blower (which seems to be the reason for the change to the intensity parameters….some owners complained about the noise from the blower).

So if you want the blower to go to its highest speed in AUTO mode…make sure that you have the fan intensity display with all the bars illuminated.
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    2017 BMW 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by ychen View Post
    my 2018 540 's air condition has never been right. I brought it to the dealer to check it and was told its is normal. It appears to me that the middle fans will never be on high when you set the air to automatic circulation no matter how hot the car is . My old 2008 528 seemed to know to set the middle fan on high when it is really hot. i never felt that old bmw's ac was not adequate. All my other cars, toyota highlander, porsche, lexus, none seem to have this problem. when the car is hot, the middle fans will go into high gear and blow cold air. This new 540, i bought it new, never seem to do that! is it set this way be design (thats why the dealer said its normal)? Does any body have similar problem? thanks in advance for your reply.
    Just got mine fixed not sure of we are having the same issue but my ac is cold but I can only feel it if i have the fans turned all the way up. There is some kind of foam or something that's inside that blocks it or something like that but if u want if u bring it back tell them to look up the SIB640817