Thread: Current value of high mileage M3?

My Cars
    01 Titanium M3

Current value of high mileage M3?

Hello Everyone,

I have been around for a while, yet removed from the forums for quite some time, as I am seeing by the new forum! More recently I have been contemplating selling my M3 and moving on. I love my car, when I take some spirited drive, it does put a smile on my face, pretty much amazed that the car still performs effortlessly for a 20 year old car!!! The biggest question is what would I ask for it if I were to sell it? I am a mechanic and owner of a small shop, so I do all my own work. I change my oil every 7,500 miles, using OEM TWS10w60 fluid and OEM filters. I use OEM everything for replacement parts. This car has been great to me. It left me stranded once in my 13 years of ownership, and that was when the fuel pump died. Here is a rundown of everything that I completed during my ownership:

2001 BMW M3 - Coupe, Manual, Sunroof, Non CW package, 197k miles.

Calico (Coated) Rod bearings - OEM bearing spun, and crank machined and replaced OEM bearings with Calico coated ones to remedy the factory flaw.
    Clutch has been replaced
    Rear subframe issue resolved under the settlement claim
    Vanos solenoid pack replaced - Besian systems refurb unit
    Unknown Brand of headers - no fitment issues, move cat converters to euro location, still present and functional
    Status Gruppe full exhaust
    Throttle Actuator replaced
    Starter
    Feal Coilovers

The car was fully disassembled and repainted in 2014 OEM Titanium Silber, front end would need repaint due to rock chips. Brand new OEM windshield was installed at this time.
    ICONS carbon fiber front lip
    ICONS carbon fiber rear diffuser

My issues are just cosmetic. The interior fabric is coming down. Window seals are starting to dry rot.

That is pretty much it. I would love to hear everyone's input. I am not dead set on selling, but If you were in my shoes, what would you ask for it?

​​​​​​​Thank you for your time.

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    Publilius Syrus: Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it.

I would start with looking at KBB, but as you have kept the car up and running with regular maintenance, say 20k? You will tend to have 2 type of buyers, ones that are looking for an all original car, or near original car and a modified car. The collectors tend to be the first group, while enthusiast tend to be in both. What can give you more leverage is the 6-speed manual transmission, that is what the enthusiast are looking for, collectors tend not to care as much if it is a SMG or regular manual.

The other thing to look out for is tire kickers, they just want to drive the car and beat on it for 20-30 minutes.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2006 Estoril Blue/Cin M3
    VANOS bulletproofed and subframe reinforced?