Thread: HELP: Installed Evolve auto DCT paddles, left paddle now misbehaving

My Cars
    2015 M3 Sedan

HELP: Installed Evolve auto DCT paddles, left paddle now misbehaving

I recently installed the new aluminum paddle shifters from Evolve auto. After install the left paddle is behaving oddly, it seems less sensitive than the right. For example I can depress the paddle fully and the car doesn't respond... if I apply a little extra force the car detects it and changes gear. This is different than the right side which changes gear as soon as it 'clicks' from being depressed, no extra force is needed for the action to be detected by the car.

The left side functionally works but because it requires extra force its not reliable and there've been several instances where I've gone to downshift and didn't remember to "squeeze extra hard" and the car didn't respond at all.

At the moment I'm looking to just buy a replacement module for the left side thinking maybe i damaged something installing the paddles causing to the decreased sensitivity? Any other ideas on what the cause might be?

My Cars
    2015 M3 Sedan
    SOLVED: For those that may stumble upon this looking for their own answers. I had somehow damaged the left paddle actuator during the install. Even though it 'worked' it wasn't responding instantly like it was prior to the install. I bought new actuators (the parts that connect to the steering wheel w the blue harness) off eBay and that fixed it right up. Now I have a spare right DCT shifter actuator if anyone needs! DM!