Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Removing Black Magic Tire Wet from engine bay.

My Cars
    2001 330i

Removing Black Magic Tire Wet from engine bay.

So I know some of you might think this is a bone head move but I sprayed Black Magic Tire Wet in my engine bay and I can't get it out.
    I'v used tire foam forever to make my engine shine so this was a real surprise. Rapid Remover is recommended for 3M clear bra removal, this might work? Anyone have any brighter ideas than me?

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i Sport
    Any good quality degreaser should be able to do the job. Super Clean works very well. Las cleaner/degreaser full strength.

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Cool thanks, its safe for paint?

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i Sport
    Yes. Spray it on and let it dwell for 5-10 minutes but don't let it dry. Spray off with a gentle mist of water. Don't use a high pressure or direct spray. May take a second application and some wiping etc.

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Doesnt Simple Green oxidize aluminum. Engine Degreaser wont work. Tire Wet contains Mineral Oil.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i Sport
    Simple green can oxidize bare aluminum. I think Simple Green makes an aluminum safe cleaner but I have not used it.

I would be very surprised if Super Clean doesn't help. Mineral oil is merely a light, low viscosity grease. A degreaser is supposed to work on mineral oil.

Post some pictures.
    Last edited by crazy4trains; 05-21-2021 at 09:49 AM.

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Thanks. We have the same engine, the sound is divine at high rpm, like music.

The other thing you can do is wet down the aluminum first. I just got super green, Im tempted to use full strength but is there a dilution I should use? 1:1?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. We have the same engine, the sound is divine at high rpm, like music.

The other thing you can do is wet down the aluminum first. I just got super green, Im tempted to use full strength but is there a dilution I should use? 1:1?
    I didnt see aluminum safe at walmart. Oh how I hate shopping there.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i Sport
    I'm a DIY'er and am willing to take risks with my vehicles. Your risk threshold may be different than mine. I typically don't use simple green under the hood anymore because of the aluminum concerns. Las all purpose cleaner/degreaser can be had at Dollar General stores for cheap. I use it full strength under the hood and it works great. Super clean works a little better but costs more.

Is "super green" really simple green???

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Well full strength super green didnt work. All the parts on the engine are sticky. I ordered Rapid Remover and will spray the engine bay down with it. Then degreaser.

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5, 76 M2, 16 M3
    Perhaps IPA would work.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i Sport
    Some people have had good luck with Scrubbing Bubbles shower and tub cleaner. Buy the foam type. Spray it on and let it dwell. Agitate with a brush etc. where you need extra cleaning. Rinse it off with a gentle mist. Emphasis on "gentle".

My Cars
    ‘15 F31d Msport
    Yep, if simple green didn’t cut it, then it’s time to go to something else more aggressive. Household dish soap and warm water is one of the best degreasers ever, and scrubbin bubbles is actually pretty gentle. I’ve even used SB on old abused grey leather to get 10 years of old built up yellowed stuff off.

I bet that black magic is actually silicone spray though. and to remove it you need a solvent, not a degreaser. Ie 70% isopropyl in a spray bottle and lots of paper towels.

ive not had any issue with simple green and aluminum, I use it 1:4 or 1:3 ratio to water, and have for nearly 3 decades, but I sure have with Castrol super clean. That stuff is bad news on bare aluminum.
    If I were to give my Touring a first name, I'd probably name it "Alan".
    Mostly because I like puns.
    Mutual Admiration Society #5

My Cars
    E66 2008
    I use Rapid Remover, it works without problems, but this was a different case. I think this will work, because the other products, the specialized expensive