Thread: Problem installing ISC Basic coilovers on E92 coupe

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328xi Coupe

Problem installing ISC Basic coilovers on E92 coupe

Hi all,

I am in the process of installing ISC Basic coilovers on my 2007 328xi. These coilovers are meant to allow drop of -1.5 to -3" on the rear, and stock to -2" on the front.

These are the coilovers: https://iscsuspension-na.com/store/B...ion-p127191652

Got the rears in and lowered about 2", all good.

But I can't get the front to lower more than about 0.5" from stock. The spring preload has been set according to ISC guidance. I've then screwed the strut all the way into its shaft by loosening the bottom collar and rotating the shaft clockwise until it can rotate down no further.

But once I get the wheels back on and drop the car to the ground, it's only dropped 0.5" from the previous stock height (the previous shocks were OEM).

I've made sure the strut is mounted fully into the knuckle as far as it can go (the knuckle has a bevel at the bottom which prevents the strut from dropping out the bottom and the strut is resting against the bevel). It feels like I've lowered it as far as it can go but I'm feeling a little perplexed.

Either,
    1. I am missing something obvious and have totally botched the install somehow, or
    2. The car was already lower than stock (though I confirmed the shocks I pulled out were OEM for this car based on the part # on the shock), or
    3. These ISC shocks aren't right for this 2007 328xi coupe and won't lower any more than about 0.5"

I will be contacting ISC to see if I can get some clarity on the situation, but in the meantime, wondering if anyone out there has installed ISC to lower their E92 328xi coupe and if so, how low did you get it?

Thanks!
    Jamie.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328xi Coupe
    I should have checked with ISC first... They are sending me a new set of softer springs, apparently the springs I got with the set were too stiff and would only give us about half an inch.

Kudos to Shane in their customer service though, very helpful, gave me a call back once he had an answer and arranged immediately for the new springs to be sent.

Will see how low it goes once I get them on!

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328xi Coupe
    For reference, the initial set of springs that came with the front coilovers were too stiff: 160-12. ISC gave us 135-10 to try but they were too short (top collar ran out of thread before it touched the spring so couldn't get any pre-load). Then ISC gave us 160-10 which were just right! All lowered and on the road, looking neat.