I have a second hand out of warranty 2006 E90 320d with 60k miles/100k kms and I can't drive for longer than 20 minutes without getting the christmas tree lights of brake/abs/dsc.

I've been trawling through the "dashboard christmas tree" posts for quite a while now and I can see that my problem is a common one and different people solve it in different ways, although there aren't a great deal of specifics about what exactly was happening at the time of these issues, only lists of the error codes.

I have tested the wheel speed sensors and these all read correctly in real-time scans.

I can see that when the car beeps and displays the error lights and codes, the steering angle in real time scanning in both INPA and my Foxwell scanner goes from working as expected, to suddenly reading 0.0. When this happens I can stop the car, turn it off for a couple of minutes and turn it back on, and the steering angle starts displaying normally again. Sometimes if I don't pull over and restart the car, the error can lead to the errors binging second/third/etc times and the car going into limp home mode, sometimes with the indicators stopping working or the wipers operating on their own. The car always goes back to normal powering off then on again.

If I drive very with very little acceleration from a stop light I can sometimes not trigger the fault at all during my 40 minute commute, however there is one intersection on my commute where I have to stop and then travel up a steep hill where I need to accelerate harder than usual in a low gear which triggers the fault.

In the Foxwell scanner I get the following in the steering/abs section
5DF7 DSC system voltage too high
D373 Message (steering column switch cluster 0xC8, 0xC9) missing, receiver DCS transmitter steering column switch cluster/LWS

In INPA I get a host of messages
5DF7 wiring supply voltage > 18 volt
D373 f-can swa-top sensor data 200 or 201 is missing
5D97 sensorcluster supply voltage out of range
5014 supply voltage, gearbox
51AD message (wheel speeds) from the DSC is missing
4A27 intelligent batter sensor (layer _DIBS1)
4C03 data (OP_CRCTLACC, 0x194)
49F2 data (wheel speed, 0xCE)
4992 data (stat_kombi, 0x184)
3F62 speed sonsor signal weber CAN
4A67 powermanagement bord new (Layer_PMBN)

I have cleaned the steering angle sensor, although because it works in the full range of motion until one of these errors occurs I'm starting to suspect it's not the steering angle sensor.

Battery seems fine, reputable brand and fairly new and charges at 14.2volts.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced these problems, where under load there seems to be an issue where there is a reported voltage spike and the steering angle sensor reads 0.0 until the vehicle is restarted. I can trigger the fault by pulling away from a standstill under moderate/enthusiastic acceleration quite reliably. Other times it is occasionally triggered is coasting down a slight incline.

Does a faulty steering angle sensor exhibit this intermittent issue?

Could a faulty lateral acceleration sensor trigger this voltage spike which would cause the steering angle sensor to read 0 until a power cycle?

Is there something else I'm not thinking of?

Thanks for any help.