Thread: "Big Booty Judy " a.k.a e39 top mount turbo touring build

My Cars
    94e36, 00e39 532it turbo

"Big Booty Judy " a.k.a e39 top mount turbo touring build

If your looking for the cliff notes, as of apirl/ may of 2021. The plan is 528it to 530it swap , ms42 to ms43 swap , 5 speed swap. Top mount Turbo.

Questions will be numbered at the end of this post .

Prehaps a introduction first...My name is Drew Davis a.k.a. Dravis. My grammar leaves something to be desired, apologies ahead of time. (I do try)

My primary income, I blow glass. (lampwork ) Secindary income, I quality control (blowing glass) and produce Glass color. Specificly colored borosilicate glass tubing and rod use mostly by the functional glass art industry. It IS all lab grade 33coe borosilicate fwiw. Supplemental income , prospecting minerals. Mostly but not limited to herkimer diamonds from upstate n.y. (purest form of natural quartz ) So the licenceplate was going to be " sio2 crew " or "vug life." Most people don't know a vug is the pocket that crystals tend to form in.

However I digress.

.................................................. ...............

The shell, was a 2000 528it auto. Not sure what options it came with. (Yes I know how to search the vin) It appears to have all the options My 2000 528i sedan with the m package has, minus the heated seats. (Florida tags until 2019) Bought from Facebook marketplace in late January for 1600$, 16x,xxx miles, Auto, h and r + blistines , drop links , updated aftermarket satnav , alpine x series speakers, ect. The mechanic / shop that owned it had replaced the headgasket due to random/ occasional pressure in the coolant system. Twisted off that last stud on the torque down. The following day he found and purchased a 2001 525it manual. So the 2000 auto sat indoors in the rear of his shop collecting dust. ( Along with a rhd 94 turbo supra, matching rhd turbo f.d. , a drag car turbo f.b. , and a street car turbo fc. )
    Screenshot_20210430-061736_Gallery.jpg

Interesting fact. Cars registered in the state of Roadisland 20 years old or older don't get a title. I will see how fun it is to register in n.y. with out one. (I did get a "dealer" bill of sale/paperwork.)

The original plan,
    I already had this rusty 528 that I traded a functional glass piece for. (700$value) It's manual. 200k on the clock. Minty black interior. I regularly flog this car hard. After all its a "700$ rwd manual beater with tags." Only failure after a hard 6 months, I Keep breaking the rear upper rear v shaped ball joints off on the outside connection sliding that car around. (Usually when surfave grip changes, dsc off , feels like the diff swaps sides and it dead hooks?) Broke bolth units that came in that car. A third one has some signs of failure again.. So I Might as well buy the touring swap it all over, including black interior, call it a day. Get what I want.... Well one thing leads to another snowballing into what I REALLY want.

Broken , rusty, 528i a.k.a "The best of Burden"
    Screenshot_20210430-060439_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-060448_Gallery.jpg

The day after I bought the car, I found a m54b30 with 29,000 miles, .140 head gasket , raceware studs, clutch masters twin disc 850 series. and matching milage z.f. 5 speed. Trans and engine have all new seals/ detents / bushings ect .. The turbo kit had already been sold. The seller that built the engine put less than 1000 miles on it in a e46 330, before deciding to go d.c.t. swap / fully built .
    Screenshot_20210430-061633_Gallery.jpg
    No I did not pay that asking price. I worked out a package deal.

.................................................. ......................

Parts list already acquired for Judy.

Gtx3576r from pulsar, .63 and .82 backhousing , t3. Might get a 1.03 , or even a g series , depending on my opinion after driving the car.

Ews 2.5" in/out 17" x 20" core intercooler (will go to 3" coldside up pipe after intercooler)

Aluminum triple pass radiator from eastwood with built in end tank ( for a chevy , but it will fit with some preswasion.)

Condor solid (delron?) Motor mounts and trans mounts.

Pmaf hpxe maf in 3" housing ( hpx and hpxe cost the same, hpxe has a higher maximum flow capability. )

Blunt tech top mount 3-2-1 exhaust manifold t3 or t4. Bought it as a kit with tial mvr 44mm w.g. and tial q series 50mm blow off , (including all the spring sizes and flanges.)

M50 manifold

M50 to m54 t.b. adaptor

Injector dynamics newest , 1050x. In the 60mm e36 flavor so they fit the m50 manifold with out spacers on the rail.

Dw400 pump

3.5" stainless for the down pipe material. V banded to 3" from the resionator back.

Copper gasketed 3" v bands for exhsust

Innovative wideband / boost controller combo.

Exhaust temp sensor.

Uuc dssr

Rtd race shifter

4 line, -10an catch can (box) with metal m56 valvecover / -10 fittings.

Ngk pencil coil packs and harness for m56 valvecover

Loaded rear m5 subframe. I will be using the Lsd , the c.v. shafts , the rear sway bar . From what I've read I think I will skip the m5 rear brakes?

Powerflex black rear subframe bushings, and rear diff bushings. Unicorn egg solid front diff mount.

For the wagon's wheels I currently have ,
    17" style 32s (currently on the 528i with fresh meats )
    17" style 5s currently on the touring
    18" Ac schnitzer type III for when I want to "go." (Currently on the e36)
    20" style 32's for when I want to "show."

And one other random Italian set of 5 spokes that usually live on the e36

A pile of seals/ gaskets / hoses / less interesting bits , like
    Heat wrap, master , slave , chase Bay clutch line ect. Ect.
    A list of interior mods that are not particularly important right now

all the parts for the ms42 to ms43 swap . ( for the m54, and the tunner/ original builder of the engine )

As I collected more and more bits , I realised that the 528 sedan won't get canablized for the swap, it can be my winterbeater, along with my e36 that is on the road as well.

The parts I will be purchasing in the next two weeks.....

Fuel system ( lines , filter, fittings , f.p.r. , fuel rail? )

Radiator fan

Oil sensor/ gauge

Air suspention. Now some may not agree, however this is my g.t. car for color sales / glassblowing tour. Car needs to be comfortable and be stealthy even with too much weight in glass color on board. The new air lift 3p system is height sensitive and has cross loading features, air suspention has come a long way in 2021. W/ b.c. struts. Car already has sls rear bags/ air system that will all be replaced.

Oil cooler / lines/ oil feed adaptor.

Exhaust mufflers/ resonators

Single piece driveshaft once I can measure for length.

Tires 18" and 20"

Coldside plumbing/ vibrant clamps.

Now the real reason I'm making this thread.......
    I have spent 2+ hours a day using the search function for the last 3 months. It's always the same few cats that put up the legit answers. I'm hoping they chime in and I can get some guidance on the last few bits I need. I really don't want to buy it twice if it's not nessary.
    "No matter how rich or poor , your time id the most valuable thing you will ever possess. "

.................................................. ..........................

1. The style 32 20" wheels are getting refinished this month. Any recommendations for spacer size? Staggered , 20x10 rear et24 20x 9 front et24.
    1.5 They had been cromed by the previous owner, that's currently flaking in places. Crome has gotta go! What color should I finish them in?
    Option 1. Anyone know the stock silver color or its paint code ?
    (Option 2 paint code a56 is shadow crome. Probably a solid choice , however the clkfan e39 was a big inspiration when I went looking for wheels. (what color are thoes style 32s? Looks like a factory finish? )

2. Whats the widest tire I can resonably run on the 8.5" 18" rim /Square set up? (ac type 3 wheels.) I read 265 35 18 would fit ? Will a 275 be too wide for 8.5" wheel?

3. Any recommendation on quite 3" resinators /muffler brands/models? Or know the maximum size that will fit the touring space ? , I don't mind low tones, I don't mind loud when I step on the loud pedal... I just need stealth at idol , Again travel car.

4. Seems legit offers a one piece drive shaft, but I have read of cheaper options using the search function. I will pay the premium to have it work right , just curious if there is other options.

5. I will move my abs if I think its going to get fried, I'm not afraid to fab up lines if needed. Does anyone have links or info on moving the module? (Couldn't find anything)

6. I couldn't find any info on suscefull , or actual finished top mount e39 builds. The blunt tec will fit with a.c. but I will most likely delete the a.c. system (I think it may already be missing the lines and condenser in the touring ) anyone have any build links with e39 top mounts?

7. Looking for the best option to attach -10 lines for my oil cooler. I know hackenginering offers a oil cap. Is this or any other brand the best option? Are s54 oil housings hard to come by/ pricey?

8. Oil pump has been wire nutted. Should I buy the upgraded seems legit pump , or the achilles pump? I can't get a definitive answer on this either. I don't plan to track the car , but I will hoon it. I don't plan to hang out at 6800rpm+ , unless its a nessity via Mexico. (Very Rare)

9. Meth injection. I'm running pump gas for travel reasons. Meth injection seems like it may get me closer to my goal. I read some something about windsheild washer fluid as a possible substitute? I understand how they work. I have not dealt with meth injection sense my 400hp saab 9000 circa 2010. What brands or systems have a good reputation in 2021? Again no definitive answer I could put my finger on.

10. What size -an for the fuel system. Any recommendations on fuel presure regulator or 100micron filter? The m52tu has a different return system than the m54 , ( two lines on the fuel rail vs. One? ) any reason I should use one style over the other? I only have a m52tu rail, if I should use a different fuel rail, what one? E36 style ? M54 style?

11. Does anyone know if the auto trans support brace is the same as the manual car?Do I need to source a manual transmission cross member . (Never mind, the answer is yes they are very different after looking under the 528i and the 528it. )

I know I'm forgetting a bunch of other questions , Ive already asked too much for one post. That's why I'm making a thread to be able to ask.

The lack of top mount e39 info here or on youtube makes this thread worth while. Hopefully between myself and the old m54 owner/tuner we will get some quality usable info out there. That low mile m54 was his baby. (It was worth the price of admission for the friendship , let alone software/hardware support. )

The other BIG question that has a vague answer at best....

I don't plan to babying the m54. If it let's go , Ringland, or headgasket , I will put together a built motor with more h.p. headroom. Just on the fence as to the most reliable set up. I don't think I want the expense of a s54. I would have gone turbo s62 had I wanted a race engine / no budget limit.

I know I want to stay with port injection 6cyl. So m5x /s5x family. I just can't seem to find a definitive build recipe for over 600++ reliably. Sounds like it's m52 or s52 iron block? If I do fall in love with the m54, mabye sleeves and 12mm studs? Not too worried about the initial investment cost, just want the reliably factor that comes along with h beam rods and forged pistons... the m54 oil pump deal is almost as big a deturent to think about as a good alumimum block overheat. So what engine / block / bore size do you buy if you had realistic 5 or 6 grand budget just for the engine , no accessories... preticular Brands ect? Looking for a solid proven recipie. Not a top end dyno queen. One with a fat powerband that wants to stay together. (Even if it means less total h.p. )

Thanks for your time
    -Dravis
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sio2crew; 04-30-2021 at 02:57 PM.

My Cars
    94e36, 00e39 532it turbo
    Attachment 689930

The clkfan car that I coveted , Never saw this car till after I bought the touring.
    Screenshot_20210430-060940_Gallery.jpg

I make Glass car parts from time to time,
    Screenshot_20210430-061319_Gallery.jpg e36 with glass center caps
    Screenshot_20210430-061331_Gallery.jpg

68 chevy shorty g90 , glass radiator hose
    Screenshot_20210430-150508_Instagram.jpg

I'm making a set of glass oil traps inline -10 on the catch can, just to be able to see what's going on at a glance. If I need a overflow tank , will go glass. And a gtr style see through glass hood vent right over the turbo, including rain gutter lips on each fin, that all go to a collection tube to drain. (Think tiny glass exhaust header, flush off the one side connecting the lower gutter lips. ) For the hood vent, I will probably cook up a batch of tinted glass, or transparent silver colored glass? trying make the one vent as skeeper as possible. Matching the car but still have that cool factor up close.

You can see more of my work on Instagram @Lfaglass / the color company is @greasyglass
    Last edited by Sio2crew; 04-30-2021 at 03:15 PM.

My Cars
    94e36, 00e39 532it turbo
    Friends g90

Attachment 689939

I also have three saab 96's . One complete 1966 3cyl 2stroke. One 68 getting cut up for a chassis swap, and one complete restored 71 v4.

Plan is to swap the chassis onto a gsx eclipse. (Wheelbase/ firewall line up. ) A z3 would fit for a chassis swap, but I know the drives seat would be where the rear seat was in the saab. I've been slowly acquiring the bits for this saab build for close to a decade. It will take priority next winter.

The car that inspired the saab build.... (and driving a fast gsc )
    Attachment 689940

First it's finish the wagon.

I also have a saab 9000 b234 built motor , on a stand , running s.d.s stand alone. Makes 380 to the tires 445#ft. In a 9000t.
    I have a diesel bmw trans to mate it to, all for my 94 318. I don't think that will take long to complete as soon as I aquire the clutch/ adaptor plate kit. Hopefully by next winter?

Fingers crossed I can find the time.

I have anxiety over posting this much. I Keep telling myself if your in this subforum, reading this thread, it's probably interesting.

My Cars
    94e36, 00e39 532it turbo
    Mail from the last 48 hours, trying to make this all happen in a reasonable amount of time. (Hopefully weeks not months )

20210430_154802.jpg
    20210430_154614.jpg
    20210430_114000.jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-154827_Gallery.jpg

I do make my own hours, but I also have a heap of responsibility.

Worst case I have Mr. M54 come stab it in with me one weekend. He's 3 hours away in NYC, building/ maintaining fast bmws. Hopefully more progress soon.

(Back to work for me. )

Also, big shout out to whomever the moderator that set my account strait. Digging through my posting attempts. I own you a 6 pack of barley pops if that's your type of thing . Just need a adress and a preference in flavor. I will uber eats that thing right over. (P.m. works)

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Well, I read through all of it. Cool project! Been playing around with the idea of doing a turbo on an S52 myself for my silver 377,000 mile ‘03 525 wagon. Never built one up before, only owned oem based turbo cars, so yeah, your project caught my eye, good luck! Interesting trade you are in!
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Really nice build going on! Congrats. Will be a great car once done.

Just a heads up, the Forced Induction section in these forums will have more input on your type of build.
    98 540i 6, 525 whp, 120 mph 1/4, V3 Si S/C'er @16 psi, W/A I/C, Water/Meth, Supersprint Headers, HJS Cats, 3" Custom Exhaust, UUC Twin Disc, Wavetrac LSD, GC Coil Overs, Monoball TA, AEM FP, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Failsafe AFR/Boost, Style 65's w/275's, M5 Steering Box, Eibach Sways, M3 Shifter, Evans Coolant, 85 Deg Stat, PWM Fan, 10" Subs, B.A. speakers, Grom Aux/BT, Still Rolling as my DD!

My Cars
    2010 BMW M6*2019 X3 M40i
    Very interesting read you got here. I also like your cool profession.
    I think I can answer few of your questions:
    Wurth Wheel Spray Paint would be a good choice if they still sell it.
    I think I have spare manual tranny crossmember (PM me with your adress and cover the cost of shipping, it's yours).
    I've done several exhaust builds and anything Vibrant Performance I bought was top notch quality. I'd highly recommend their resonator.
    On that subject, be carefull with exhaust system size, if you go too big you will loose HP/TQ. I'm not an expert but I've read quite a few reputable technical articles and they all say the same, you choose the tubing OD in relation to engine size and HP output.
    Last edited by BMW540san; 05-06-2021 at 01:44 PM.
    2010 BMW M6 SMG Coupe * Black Saphire Metallic * Full Leather Merino Black
    2019 BMW X3 M40i * Alpine White * Mocha Leather
    Former:
    1997 BMW 532M (528i with 3.2 S52 engine from E36 M3 / 5 speed manual)
    1998 BMW 540i 6 Speed
    2003 BMW M5

My Cars
    2010 BMW M6*2019 X3 M40i
    Sorry, just remebered that I actually gave it to my neighbour for his Touring build.

My Cars
    '98 E39

HOLY #U@K! bro, do you ever chew?

Seriously, you had me at Big Booty Judy. Following your build thread for the sheer optimism and because, ya, the paucity of info re: turbo'd e three-nine builds is disappointing. Makes threads like this all the more special.

As for the question about building a reliable powerplant from scratch, you'll be wrinkly and grey before your search returns anything solid. I say go with a high cr iron block and have a 500+ horse dd to shuttle around all that shatter-iffic cargo. But, wat do I know? I'll only be starting my first m52 experiment in February. Looking forward, tho, to having any additional data your journey might provide. Dogspeed.

My Cars
    94e36, 00e39 532it turbo
    Been a min. Lotta small issues with the m54...to the point where I got him to take it back. The list of issues is crazy.
    " M54's , how bad are they for boost?" I couldent even get one in my car let alone over heat it. ( Was never over heated , just kid hacked very poorly. I think he had inch pounds and foot pounds confused? )

So Im working on a built m52 + 366? G30 900? g35 900 ? what i should have done from the start. In the mean time, plugging away on whatever I can, when I can .

Screenshot_20211102-205548_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-205657_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-205716_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211102-205716_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211102-205716_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211102-205723_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-205700_Gallery.jpg
    Last edited by Sio2crew; 11-02-2021 at 09:36 PM.

My Cars
    94e36, 00e39 532it turbo

My Cars
    94e36, 00e39 532it turbo
    Screenshot_20211102-205632_Gallery.jpg

Test fit the 6 pots. Using the e39 m5 rears for bias. (Yes I know they cost more to run.)
    The ecs adaptors wont fit 17" style 5's or 17" style 32s. Not even with a 15mm spacer. Prehaps the style 5s would fit with 17mm or thicker spacers. The ecs advertisment for the e39 upgrade, must be style 32 18" wheels in the image. Kinda misleading as 18"s came on the e38. (Guess I need a wider 18" set up. )

Screenshot_20211102-205930_Gallery.jpg

Im attempting to aquire a built m52 2.8. What I should have done to start.

Time is the most valuble thing I can have. Too much time wasted with a used motor already.

If I can't aquire this m52, (say seller got cold feet) I will dump the funds into a building a motor by some one other than myself.

Posible new motor... pautner x beams. 22rpd diamond pistons. S54 625+ mains , 625+ everythhing else. Cat cams , solid lifters , supertec head, ect. Ect. Seller said hes sponsered by nuke, and planned to run 3 dw400's /1000 to the tire. I imagine it will do more than what want as I require a much lower #.

Screenshot_20211102-212230_Gallery.jpg

Short list for bigger turbos.... s366, or g30 900 , or g35 900... i realy think I want the borg. Not worried about weight. Most of my cars, all my glass torches , tools , and lathe are german... I love that quality.

I need to re read my original post. I have sorted a good precentage of my original quèstions. I will answer what I can just to complete the thread this far. (for future readers.)
    Last edited by Sio2crew; 11-02-2021 at 09:35 PM.

My Cars
    94e36, 00e39 532it turbo
    20230409_192246.jpg20230409_192255.jpg
    20230409_192310.jpg
    20230305_225935.jpg
    20230305_225925.jpg

I used to have sideways images on the glass forum I frequent. I tried loading them rotated 90 so they get rotated upright, but no luck.

In the end , I went with the "Better Butters Build" recipie.

I could not aquire the 2.8 , after talking it over, and comming to the agreement that "time is the most valuble thing you can posses." I believe he kept it to use.

I found a real s52 with low miles in pieces on long islsnd. Came with eagle h.d. rods, Guy said he had a shop. Looked up his phone number and its Pitbull motors , The guy Steve who had that discovery channel show Pitbull and Leepu. I told him what I wanted , brought him the oversized pistobs, the e39 m52tu pan, and a few other bits. He sent everything over to evolution racing engines in Amityville n.y. for machine work and blue print assembly. ( oil pan to valvecover. )

I didnt plan it that way, but its very close to a b10 3.2 touring. Similar wheels , same engine and trans. Less of a "b10 v8s" more like a "b10 b.s." so I tossed knock off alpina center caps on the style 32s just for the haters.

Je 9:1 pistons , eagle hd rods, king bearings , stock s52 cams, supertech valves/springs. Cut ring gasket from ces. I had bought s54 11mm arp head studs, but evolution advised aginst it, and used 625+ 10mm. I believe the quote was "our 625+ m5x's have heild 1000hp." At first I was bummed out, but even seems legit has gone back to 10mm 625+ from 11mm. (Who knows) Acillies oil pump , iwis chains. M50 valvecover, r8 coil packs from turbothirty6 in germany. I believe they are the same as vac's? Ape x85 flex fuel piggyback. Chaos calabrations ms43 tune with dual maps on the fly. ( Daniel F. said any flex fuel piggy back would work with the package I purchased. He just recomended the ape. ) Running a mechanical w/m pre compressor injection with my pump gas tune. (Not a whole lot) Bench test flowed just over 600cc at 18 psi. W/m activates over 10 psi. More boost = more w/m with the mechanical. Havent had any issues with the "wannaspeed" system, Ive only put a few gallons of boost juice through it, so time will tell. I was happy to find mine flowed slightly more than advertised.

Im sure theres a million more things im forgetting.
    Video is from last fall before ever driving it.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/vMrw61DnJD0?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/RPtHhz7V2c4?feature=share

Made a few changes sense then. Currently on a gtx3582 gen 2 from psr. I have a psr 3576 and a psr gen 3 3584.. I think I will eventually want the 3584. Its a gtx3584 67mm compressor. From what I can tell its a pte 66mm turbine , all on a garrett style center. However , taking the Butters advice, k.i.s.s. 600 on a 3582 should be about perfect for now.

I did swap from a cheap ebay oil thermostat to a mishimoto . They are almost identical. The actual plunger / thrmostat is the same /same styke font , exact. However. The mishimoto is a steel body , the ebay one is all aluminum. I imagine the ebay one just opens later with the aluminum acting as a heat sink.

I will update all the questions from the O.P. should have some spare time in the next few weeks.

Here is a short poor quality video of the home made dynomax exhaust. 3.5" till the resionator 3" 3" from about the back seat floor back. Twin 2.5" tips. This video, Shifts at 4500 tops 1/3 gas pedal. . Recording data for the second tune. Throtel Tip in still needs work imo. Video sound is best with bluetooth or ear phones.

My Cars
    94e36, 00e39 532it turbo
    20230409_192246.jpg20230409_192255.jpg
    20230409_192310.jpg
    20230305_225935.jpg
    20230305_225925.jpg

I used to have sideways images on the glass forum I frequent. I tried loading them rotated 90 so they get rotated upright, but no luck.

In the end , I went with the "Better Butters Build" recipie.

I could not aquire the 2.8 , after talking it over, and comming to the agreement that "time is the most valuble thing you can posses." I believe he kept it to use.

I found a real s52 with low miles in pieces on long islsnd. Came with eagle h.d. rods, Guy said he had a shop. Looked up his phone number and its Pitbull motors , The guy Steve who had that discovery channel show Pitbull and Leepu. I told him what I wanted , brought him the oversized pistobs, the e39 m52tu pan, and a few other bits. He sent everything over to evolution racing engines in Amityville n.y. for machine work and blue print assembly. ( oil pan to valvecover. )

I didnt plan it that way, but its very close to a b10 3.2 touring. Similar wheels , same engine and trans. Less of a "b10 v8s" more like a "b10 b.s." so I tossed knock off alpina center caps on the style 32s just for the haters.

Je 9:1 pistons , eagle hd rods, king bearings , stock s52 cams, supertech valves/springs. Cut ring gasket from ces. I had bought s54 11mm arp head studs, but evolution advised aginst it, and used 625+ 10mm. I believe the quote was "our 625+ m5x's have heild 1000hp." At first I was bummed out, but even seems legit has gone back to 10mm 625+ from 11mm. (Who knows) Acillies oil pump , iwis chains. M50 valvecover, r8 coil packs from turbothirty6 in germany. I believe they are the same as vac's? Ape x85 flex fuel piggyback. Chaos calabrations ms43 tune with dual maps on the fly. ( Daniel F. said any flex fuel piggy back would work with the package I purchased. He just recomended the ape. ) Running a mechanical w/m pre compressor injection with my pump gas tune. (Not a whole lot) Bench test flowed just over 600cc at 18 psi. W/m activates over 10 psi. More boost = more w/m with the mechanical. Havent had any issues with the "wannaspeed" system, Ive only put a few gallons of boost juice through it, so time will tell. I was happy to find mine flowed slightly more than advertised.

Im sure theres a million more things im forgetting.
    Video is from last fall before ever driving it.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/vMrw61DnJD0?feature=share

Made a few changes sense then. Currently on a gtx3582 gen 2 from psr. I have a psr 3576 and a psr gen 3 3584.. I think I will eventually want the 3584. Its a gtx3584 67mm compressor. From what I can tell its a pte 66mm turbine , all on a garrett style center. However , taking the Butters advice, k.i.s.s. 600 on a 3582 should be about perfect for now.

I did swap from a cheap ebay oil thermostat to a mishimoto . They are almost identical. The actual plunger / thrmostat is the same /same styke font , exact. However. The mishimoto is a steel body , the ebay one is all aluminum. I imagine the ebay one just opens later with the aluminum acting as a heat sink.

I will update all the questions from the O.P. should have some spare time in the next few weeks.

Here is a short poor quality video of the home made dynomax exhaust. 3.5" till the resionator 3" 3" from about the back seat floor back. Twin 2.5" tips. This video, Shifts at 4500 tops 1/3 gas pedal. . Recording data for the second tune. Throtel Tip in still needs work imo. Video sound is best with bluetooth or ear phones.

My Cars
    94e36, 00e39 532it turbo
    20230305_225942.jpg20230305_225553.jpg20230411_181300.jpgScreenshot_20230409_212256_Instagram.jpg

I coudent do the full rice dtm style hood vents. I bought them, but in the end I made a custom rain catch to go under a stock e46 m3 hood vent . It does a great job of letting the heat out for what it is. No leaks (knock on wood)

I ordered a euro dash from europe. Probablly one of my favorite mods. Makes the inside of a e39 feel so much more classy . More knee room. More airy cabin feel. The dash looks so much less bloated, and more thin and flat. More bmw like. More like how a e30 feels. ( not exacty, but more in that direction. ) I highly recomend it. I think it was just under 300 shipped? Cant recall. Orderd from " @do_it_right_way on instagram. Lithuania I believe.

I do have a bimmerworld m5 style rear bumper with the black diffuser piece, havent had time to install it. And the older style bumper is growing on my (of couse. On the fence , Face palm.) Silver project adjustable control arms have worked so far. Holds an aligment, holds the power.

Tires are falken 510s . 245 35 20 front. No issues. 285 30 20 rears , had to swap to e60 hubs to ditch the spacers with out modifing tge hub bore. Had to massage the fender liners. Roll the rear fender I dont think the rear roll did anything really. The adjustable arms did the trick tho. Less camber than one of my stock 528's. I wouldent recomend a 285. A 275 would fit with a lot less work.

20's on the front.... no one ever mentioned they will turn right into your pork chop tops. 9.5" wide. 12mm spacer. I fiberglassed a set of pork chops and fender liners together. No more bolts at the top of the pork chop. Just a slight bubble to let the tires fit with no rubbing. I also flipped the fender mount so the bolt goes down not up. Fender mounts below the tab instead of above. I also re drilled mounting holes for the outer bumper slider mounts. This in turn Pushed the bumper out about a inch to match the wider fender front. 20230412_101351.jpg
    Last edited by Sio2crew; 04-14-2023 at 03:46 PM.