Thread: WTB: Working M10

My Cars
    1979 320i Golf

WTB: Working M10

Blew a hole in my block.

Looking for a working M10, ideally somewhere nearby Philadelphia (or shippable). Would like to do a direct swap. Early 2.0L engine preferred.

Roanoke or DC area could also work, especially if paired with someone who could do a swap.

Let me know, Thanks!
    Last edited by yacob555; 04-17-2021 at 02:47 PM.
    1979 320i Golf

2008 328i White on Black

2000 M Coupe Imola on Imola/Black.....Retired

1998 BMW 540i Auto Black on Black......Retired

My Cars
    1983 320is S52/2003 VR6T
    I have 2 1.8's that both need a rebuild.

My Cars
    1981 320i silver
    Sounds like you should buy a rebuilt engine. Then swap your fuel injection and accessories onto it. I do not know who on the east coast sells rebuilt M10 engines. Maybe someone else does. You should keep it stock.

My Cars
    1981 320i silver
    Used BMW Engines
    Dyno Tested With 2 Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty
    800-726-4269

Although remanufactured BMW engines is our main focus, our strategic alliance with Bavarian Auto Recycling gives us access to a huge stock of running, quality tested, used BMW engines. These are good running, used engines that have been run tested in the vehicle before dismantling.

Once removed from the vehicle, these engines are compression tested and leakdown checked to confirm factory BMW specifications. Then they are run on our dyno at 1200 rpm to confirm correct oil pressure, expose oil leaks, and test for any abnormal noises while running. If they pass all of the above quality control tests, they are sealed up with cap-plugs, jet washed, dried, sealed in plastic, and palletized for secure shipment. And all Bavarian used BMW engines carry our 2 year, unlimited mileage replacement guarantee.

These quality guaranteed BMW engines are usually priced 50% to 75% off our standard rebuilt engine prices (see Rebuilt Engines & Pricing page). They are the perfect choice for the BMW owner on a budget -- or those considering selling their BMW within 2 years.

Used engine prices do fluctuate a bit due to supply and demand. Please call our expert staff today for a current price quote on all used BMW engines (800)726-4269. Your quote will include a reference number that locks you in at the lowest price for 30 days - and makes ordering a snap when you're ready to go. We can also ship directly to your dealer or BMW repair facility for added convenience.

Rebuilt BMW Engines

320i 77-83 MaxSil™ 1276767 / Tefcote™ 110 hp @ 5800 rpm 100 lbft @ 4500

Welcome to Bavarian Engine Exchange - where precision remanufactured, upgraded BMW engines is our only business. We stock a massive inventory of BMW engines for all BMW models - including M10, M20, M30, M42, M44, M50, M52, M54, M60, M70, S70, M73, and M62. Our huge stock allows us to offer the complete line of upgraded BMW remanufactured engines and cylinder heads. Most products are in stock and ready for immediate delivery to your home or mechanic's shop. We also offer air freight service in cases where time is critical.If we are out of stock on any item, we can usually remanufacture one from core stock within 72 hours and get you back on the road fast. In most cases we will ship your new Bavarian Upgrade engine directly to your dealership or mechanic's shop as an added convenience. If you need any assistance locating a qualified facility to install your new Bavarian Upgrade engine or cylinder head, please call one of our associates for a repair referral or details about our Fly & Drive and West Coast Installation options.

All Bavarian Upgrade engines include MaxSil™ teflon coated pistons, Sealed Power piston rings, and a 5 year portable warranty with labor coverage. Bavarian's combination of optimized performance & mileage, ultra high quality & longevity, fast delivery, 5 year warranty, and unbeatable customer service & support is exactly what BMW owners need when faced with an engine or cylinder head replacement. We deliver daily to BMW enthusiasts, BMW dealerships, independent BMW repair shops, and warranty insurance companies.

https://www.bavengine.com/

My Cars
    1979 320i Golf
    Quote Originally Posted by okieflats View Post
    Sounds like you should buy a rebuilt engine. Then swap your fuel injection and accessories onto it. I do not know who on the east coast sells rebuilt M10 engines. Maybe someone else does. You should keep it stock.
    You think stock instead of an M20 swap?

- - - Updated - - -

Used BMW Engines
    Dyno Tested With 2 Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty
    800-726-4269

Although remanufactured BMW engines is our main focus, our strategic alliance with Bavarian Auto Recycling gives us access to a huge stock of running, quality tested, used BMW engines. These are good running, used engines that have been run tested in the vehicle before dismantling.

Once removed from the vehicle, these engines are compression tested and leakdown checked to confirm factory BMW specifications. Then they are run on our dyno at 1200 rpm to confirm correct oil pressure, expose oil leaks, and test for any abnormal noises while running. If they pass all of the above quality control tests, they are sealed up with cap-plugs, jet washed, dried, sealed in plastic, and palletized for secure shipment. And all Bavarian used BMW engines carry our 2 year, unlimited mileage replacement guarantee.

These quality guaranteed BMW engines are usually priced 50% to 75% off our standard rebuilt engine prices (see Rebuilt Engines & Pricing page). They are the perfect choice for the BMW owner on a budget -- or those considering selling their BMW within 2 years.

Used engine prices do fluctuate a bit due to supply and demand. Please call our expert staff today for a current price quote on all used BMW engines (800)726-4269. Your quote will include a reference number that locks you in at the lowest price for 30 days - and makes ordering a snap when you're ready to go. We can also ship directly to your dealer or BMW repair facility for added convenience.

Rebuilt BMW Engines

320i 77-83 MaxSil™ 1276767 / Tefcote™ 110 hp @ 5800 rpm 100 lbft @ 4500

Welcome to Bavarian Engine Exchange - where precision remanufactured, upgraded BMW engines is our only business. We stock a massive inventory of BMW engines for all BMW models - including M10, M20, M30, M42, M44, M50, M52, M54, M60, M70, S70, M73, and M62. Our huge stock allows us to offer the complete line of upgraded BMW remanufactured engines and cylinder heads. Most products are in stock and ready for immediate delivery to your home or mechanic's shop. We also offer air freight service in cases where time is critical.If we are out of stock on any item, we can usually remanufacture one from core stock within 72 hours and get you back on the road fast. In most cases we will ship your new Bavarian Upgrade engine directly to your dealership or mechanic's shop as an added convenience. If you need any assistance locating a qualified facility to install your new Bavarian Upgrade engine or cylinder head, please call one of our associates for a repair referral or details about our Fly & Drive and West Coast Installation options.

All Bavarian Upgrade engines include MaxSil™ teflon coated pistons, Sealed Power piston rings, and a 5 year portable warranty with labor coverage. Bavarian's combination of optimized performance & mileage, ultra high quality & longevity, fast delivery, 5 year warranty, and unbeatable customer service & support is exactly what BMW owners need when faced with an engine or cylinder head replacement. We deliver daily to BMW enthusiasts, BMW dealerships, independent BMW repair shops, and warranty insurance companies.

https://www.bavengine.com/
    Hi, what is the non-shipping price for an M10?

Thanks
    1979 320i Golf

2008 328i White on Black

My Cars
    E30M3,318is,318i,E21320
    Nowhere I'm aware of on the east coast. I've contacted Jasper about an M42 once. They are probably the most known here, but they don't do euro engines.

@yacob
    I do however have maxsil pistons running in my lady's M42. I've also bought a rear E30 trail arm from BEA after a local shop here ruined one during a rear wheel bearing job. Needless to say I do all my own work now.

I'd keep stock. The only cam I really liked is a regrind from RaceTep (topend performance). A 286 "cheater grind" for the M10. It's a cam for a racing class where they have to use stock parts so the cam is ground with more duration but stock lift. Works very well with all stock valvetrain components even kjet injection. Adjusts like a stock cam but gives more midrange and topend power. Also called an "ITB cheat cam". Most may think it stands for individual throttle bodies, but it's actually Improved Touring class B and nothing to do with the function of the cam needing ITB's.
    Last edited by autox320; 04-18-2021 at 06:01 AM.
    88 M3
    91 318is
    91 318i
    83 320is
    08 X3 3.0si

"If it flys, floats, or f*cks, rent it!"

My Cars
    1978 320i
    Yac
    dont know if u mentioned this but try the 2002 guys forum. They may have a 2L short block around. Good luck.

My Cars
    1979 320i Golf
    Bump

Also, question.

If I'm putting in a new M10 and can choose basically anything, what's the best setup? What's the best bang for the buck/time/risk/effort?

I don't want to go through the work of modifying frame, tranny, driveshaft, etc. etc. But, I'm willing to do some things that aren't stock. (I don't really mind the 4spd).

For instance, is there a block/head combo that works best? Carb'd or stock injectors? Is a turbo worth it/viable w/ megasquirt type option? Better intake manifolds? Any exhaust improvements that are simple when the engine is out? If I'm gonna do this, happy to do a bit more work to do it better.

Goals: improve torque, better sound, hp doesn't hurt
    Last edited by yacob555; 05-03-2021 at 12:31 AM.
    1979 320i Golf

2008 328i White on Black