Thread: Tri stitch momo Monte Carlo?

My Cars
    94 530i/5

Tri stitch momo Monte Carlo?

I've been looking around online and the only non factory wheel I can find with the tri color stitch is the viilante line. I'd so much rather find a momo Monte Carlo with tri color. Is there any options? Can't find any upholstery shop locally that can do this stitch either. Thought about just buying the momo that I want and having it re wrapped but it seems I'm foiled at every turn. Any suggestions?

My Cars
    00 M5 | 03 540i | 94 NSX
    I've never seen a Monte Carlo wheel with BMW tri color stitching, for something like this I'd just send it off to a good upholsterer for rewrapping.

My Cars
    M550iX, 540M-Sport, Scud
    Lots of refurbished factory wheels available on Ebay with new perforated leather, alcantara or plain black leather, or various combinations. They all have the BMW tri color stitching. I picked one up many years ago and continues to give good service and wearing better than the factory leather did.
    2001 540 M-Sport (cdn), ST X (KW) coilovers, H&R 15mm spacers, Eibach anti roll bars (28mm/18mm), Beastpower rear antiroll bar brackets, M5 rear chassis reinforcements (traction rods), Strong Strut front upper strut bar, Dinan Stage 1 software, factory M-Audio subs, Bavsound speaker upgrade, Bluebus bluetooth integration, Stop Tech SS brake lines, ATE coated brake rotors, ATE ceramic brake pads.

My Cars
    Blown 528i, KE30, Pathy
    I had mine rewrapped locally using those eBay wheels with perforated leather as the template. It cost me about $120 and turned out great. Tri-color stitching and all.

You can do it yourself if you have some basic stitching abilities, especially if you have the original wheel wrap removed and properly measured. The biggest issue is being patient, that's why I didn't do it myself.
    Resident Third World Country Advisor

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi 94blackmamba

To fit a Momo or other aftermarket steering wheel, means the OEM airbag won't fit/work. Is your car going to be used off road/privately? if not, then is it legal to drive on the public roads with no airbag in the car ?

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    00 M5 | 03 540i | 94 NSX
    Perfectly legal to remove an airbag in the USA. I have a Momo Zagato wheel in my project car, and I even have a letter from my insurance agent stating that I can remove my airbag without affecting coverage. I wouldn't remove the airbag in a daily driver though.
    Last edited by MotorMouth93; 04-16-2021 at 08:00 PM.