Thread: 1980 733 4 speed manual for sale, rotten frame

My Cars
    Prospective 79 E23

1980 733 4 speed manual for sale, rotten frame

Selling my 1980 project, bought it about a year ago, did some fiddling and got the motor running well enough that I think its worth the effort to finish. Thats when I discovered the rotten holes in the front frame rail running under the passenger footwell. Might be repairable, but its not worth it to me and its out of my league to do...I'd never trust it. So selling as a whole for parts only, will consider parting it out if nobody wants it whole.

Its a 4 speed manual, engine starts and runs at fast idle, but it does not idle at a normal rpm. New plugs, manually cleaned the injectors, oil and filter change and about a gallon of coolant poured into the radiator. Both fuel pumps replaced, new fuel filter and some line where needed. Video of it running below, engine runs smooth, the squeaking is the alternator belt...its loose and I couldn't get it tightened down...amazingly the alternator is putting out enough current to keep the battery charged while running.

Good body panels all over except driver's rear fender and trunk floor under the spare. First gen shark nose, US grilles, headlight buckets, etc all in great shape. Chrome power mirrors...driver's works ok, passenger doesn't move or make sound...could be bad or just a broken wire. Beige leather interior, manual seats...leather is very good condition, original owner had sheepskin covers from day 1. I just did a honey leather clean and condition, photos tell the story. All the wood seems to be fully intact, but all the varnish coating is cracked and flaking off...little careful effort and it could be perfect. Dash has a couple cracks but its in pretty good shape. Have a complete set of spare rotors and front pads, distributor cap, and plug wires in the trunk. Engine comes up to temp, coolant flows and the radiator and heater core seem to hold pressure, radiator has a nice dent in the bottom, but it doesn't seem to leak, I even get heat out of the vents. HVAC controls seem to work properly, every button lights when pressed, vent flaps seem to open for each vent setting, HVAC fan works on all speeds. What I believe to be a factory wind deflector is in the trunk, unbroken.

Rear fenders are rusting/rotted and look to have been repaired before, trunk floor under the spare is only half there...holds the tire up for now. Complete jack kit is there and works properly. No brakes, master cylinder is empty and I haven't looked into it. Handbrake seems to work and release, so it might be able to be driven onto a trailer...we can hand winch it if necessary. No power windows operate, nor does the sunroof. Both rear doors are stuck shut, I think the mechanisms inside are rusted solid, didn't get around to spending any real time trying to open them up. Power antenna doesn't work, but the pullout Clarion tape deck does. I even have the weird BMW hand light/weird lock deicer thing.

Asking $1200 obo. I have the title from the original owner (I'm the second owner) signed, but no buyer name written, bill of sale in my name and I'll provide you with a bill of sale. Located in Saugerties, NY.

https://youtu.be/mXuFuz2rLBk

20210406_192522.jpg20210411_131524.jpg20210411_131539.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    79' 320i 84' 733i

My Cars
    Prospective 79 E23
    Well that was fast. Got it pending pickup next weekend. Head spinning.