Thread: I broke it

My Cars
    1998 328is

I broke it

FUDGE!! I am so mad at myself for messing up my 335i automatic transmission, pretty much was trying to change the sleeves on the transmission and when putting everything back in and plugged in the connector to the mechatronics unit I BENT THE FREAKING PINS! like all I did was try plugging it in n twisting the lock ring but the freaking pins started bending,I tried bending them back but 4 of them already snapped off ugh, sadly now I need another freaking mechatronics unit because I don’t think anyone repairs those

n the cheapest one on there is like 400 wtf! can i buy just the electrical portion online or does it have to be the whole unit it’s a zf6hp19
    does anyone have one? transmission was shifting perfectly fine before, I even added new 4 quarts of fluid now I have to drain it out smh... car will not crank no more or start so I’m kind of stuck .
    98 328is/5 Arctic silver
    99 528i 5speed Alpine white(Totaled Unfortunately)
    Oil pan and timing chain delete, weight reduction right?
    98 540i/6 (New baby)

My Cars
    E36 M3 vert/E32 750/Alfa
    Whoa man, a heck of a situation ... feelin' your pain. If you haven't tried it already and the sitch is still unresolved -- maybe try a BMW dismantler like Bavarian Auto Recycling or Vines? Personally I haven't used one for BMW but FWIW Bavarian and Vines have been around a while and there are lots of others out there, maybe they'll be able to hook you up for less. There may even be some close to you, Texas has everything lol

Best wishes

My Cars
    1998 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by tazM3 View Post
    Whoa man, a heck of a situation ... feelin' your pain. If you haven't tried it already and the sitch is still unresolved -- maybe try a BMW dismantler like Bavarian Auto Recycling or Vines? Personally I haven't used one for BMW but FWIW Bavarian and Vines have been around a while and there are lots of others out there, maybe they'll be able to hook you up for less. There may even be some close to you, Texas has everything lol

Best wishes
    welp I ended up getting a good deal on a used unit for 250 n that has since fixed my issue, LESSON LEARNED: be gentle with that fricken connector or you in a big mess
    98 328is/5 Arctic silver
    99 528i 5speed Alpine white(Totaled Unfortunately)
    Oil pan and timing chain delete, weight reduction right?
    98 540i/6 (New baby)