Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M60 & M62 Supercharging Kit Using Jaguar XKR XJR Eaton M112 with Intercoolers

My Cars
    BMW E21 315 1982
    I was planning to do it before new year, but things have been busy. I expect it to be online next week

My Cars
    BMW E21 315 1982
    Happy New Year, I have posted the files for the adapter and adapter gaskets online on thingiverse.
    HERE: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5769544
    You'll need something like solidworks, fusion 360 or siemens NX to open the file, since it is a step file.

If there are more questions, feel free to ask.

My Cars
    BMW E21 315 1982
    Hello again everyone,

I see that my CAD files have been used extensively according to my thingyverse metrics, so that is good to hear.

I am in need of a bit of assistance if possible. I want to put the engine in my car, however, in order to do so, I need to build an oil pan. I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge about doing this and/or possible cad files of the bolthole patterns etc?
    I can measure it and do it myself, but if anyone has a DXF/DWG or something, that would save me a lot of time.

My Cars
    6er
    While I haven't been using the cad files, I might be able to help by 43d scanning the bottom of the oil pan. Are you talking about just the lower steel portion, or the upper aluminum as well?

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by dumry View Post
    Hello again everyone,

I see that my CAD files have been used extensively according to my thingyverse metrics, so that is good to hear.

I am in need of a bit of assistance if possible. I want to put the engine in my car, however, in order to do so, I need to build an oil pan. I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge about doing this and/or possible cad files of the bolthole patterns etc?
    I can measure it and do it myself, but if anyone has a DXF/DWG or something, that would save me a lot of time.
    - - - Updated - - -

Well, I don't think my 43d scanner is working yet, but I can probably just use the 3d one.

My Cars
    BMW E21 315 1982
    The aluminium part as well, I haven’t had time to look at it properly, but it’s likely going to need a lot of reshaping. So i was thinking about just drawing a complete oil pan, and get it lasercut.

Wanting to get a 3d scanner myself too, pretty cool stuff

My Cars
    6er
    Is this going in an e21? The sub frame interferes? I'm going to be doing the same with an m62 but in an e24, and I'm quite curious to see how the oil pan and the sub frame sit together. I was eyeing the semi-dry sump from the s62, but that's probably harder (or, more expensive) that a DIY.

My Cars
    6er
    Not that bad priced, actually: https://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac...px?Thread=True

But would still be in it a few grand with all the rest of the bits.

My Cars
    Black 2001 BMW E38 740iL
    Hello just curious, what years of XKR and XJR superchargers are compatible with this adapter? Just pondering for a possible future build with my M62.

My Cars
    BMW E21 315 1982
    Yes, it is going in an e21. The e21 has a weird front suspension setup where the anti-roll bar is also acting as a sort of wishbone. Therefore it cannot be cut or replaced easily.
    I am required to do the swap with the oem suspension because i need to get the swap approved by ?DOT? I guess is the translation? After its been checked, i am swapping it out for a adapted e34 power steering front subframe. So quite the mess, unfortunately.
    I’d imagine that an e24 had more space, since it came with the m30

My Cars
    BMW E21 315 1982
    Quote Originally Posted by willicon0 View Post
    Hello just curious, what years of XKR and XJR superchargers are compatible with this adapter? Just pondering for a possible future build with my M62.
    I believe, but correct me when im wrong, it is for the 4.0 and 4.2 litre xkr and xjr.
    The xkr is built from 1996-2006
    The xjr is built from 1997-2007
    All the data i took is from the wiki.
    The engine code for these engines is something like AJ-V8 and come both in N/A and S/C
    Last edited by dumry; 02-21-2023 at 06:18 PM.

My Cars
    E36 M62B44

hello! So this one will fit or now? Because neither seller neither me don’t know from what car is it

My Cars
    BMW E21 315 1982
    I cannot tell you for certain whether or not this will fit, however, if you can find an engine code or something similar you might find that the engines might be the same.
    From the pictures I can find online, the engines appear to be the same, only the design has been altered. The supercharger (including bolt holes) appear to be similar too. I'd recommend to search for gaskets, if most of the gaskets are similar (e.g. intake manifold to head) than i'd say this setup would fit too.
    I actually wanted to build the adapter using this setup, but it's way more rare, so I couldn't find any for cheap.

My Cars
    BMW E21 315 1982
    It is also possible that this isnt a jaguar engine at all. Well, sort of, since range rovers once were equippes with these engines, it might be a range rover. I found one for sale, which appears to be the same as you have found.
    https://link.2dehands.be/a75645592?u...ontent=app_ios
    If any one is interested, here is the link, you can actually buy it for relatively cheap in belgium. I think this is also an upgraded version for the 4.2 liter. So ideal for an m62b44.
    All and all, i’d guess it would fit for the most part. Haven’t looked for any gaskets with similar partcodes though.
    Maybe find a local jaguar/range rover expert, they presumably have the best answer for this setup.

My Cars
    BMW E21 315 1982
    UPDATE: not related to the supercharger setup, but rather the oilpan. I have drawn an oilpan for the m60 and m62 engines. I have uploaded it to thingyverse, but from this point in time, it is still a WIP. In any case, I have double checked the fitment of the gasket, and it looks like an Ok fit. The entire oilpan is made out of 2d lasercut parts with edges that fit together so that it is simply a matter of assembling the thing and welding it (cheapest solution to a new oilpan). Currently I have added in some holes for the oil level sensor, but the dimensions are probably not correct. Furthermore, I have drawn it in such a way, that removing the oilpan does not require the dissassemly of the oilpan i.e. all the bolt holes are on the outside instead of some of them being inside of the oilpan.
    In any case, the oilpan is pushed back towards the gearbox to clear the swaybar in my car, but it most likely will create some room for other BMW's as well.
    In future updates, I will be adding the correct holes for the oil return line and dipstick tube. Maybe add in another hole for a possible turbo oil return line on both sides. If anyone has any preferences, send a message and I might add that in as well.

LINK: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5919959

My Cars
    BMW E21 315 1982
    Small Update:
    Currently i'm working on a design to solve an issue im having with the motormounts being too wide to fit my subframe. For this reason I have designed an adapter, it seems all to fit well, although the faceplate in the design with the six holes could need some changing.
    Progress has been slow admittedly, probably being one of the slowest builds on here. ANyway, here is the link to thingyverse where the stl file is located:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6462379/files

Hope its usefull for others to use.

My Cars
    6er
    I don't know if it changes anything on the motor mount / oil pass through, but I used the X5 adapter plate (# 11421435096 ), but I was using the rear set of motor mount points so the front could just have the plate. There are some AN adapters for those as well.

My Cars
    BMW E21 315 1982
    Quote Originally Posted by luminus View Post
    I don't know if it changes anything on the motor mount / oil pass through, but I used the X5 adapter plate (# 11421435096 ), but I was using the rear set of motor mount points so the front could just have the plate. There are some AN adapters for those as well.
    Well... If had known that beforehand I would have probably gone that route as well, but yeah, you live you learn I guess hahah. One benefit I had originally in mind though was the ability to weld to the material of the mount, which was not possible due to (cast) aluminium. With steel that is for me possible, so that is one major advantage in that case. Also, I am uncertain of the position of the engine in the engine bay of the E21, so any flexibility I could add was to me important. Otherwise, i would indeed going your solution. I prefer not to fiddle with oil passages since i am not certain it will impact oil capacity, In any case, going a bigger size banjo is also an option with the design, but when using a banjobolt ( if that is the correct word in English) then you would always need new hoses. I can press my own, but if you cannot, that would add to the total costs of the swap. The block-off plate is just 50 some euro. Letting a third party press a set of hoses is nearly as expensive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12