Thread: ECS sent me the wrong order, now won't send me the right package I paid for

My Cars
    Blown 528i, KE30, Pathy

[Update] ECS sent me the wrong order, now won't send me the right package I paid for

So I placed an order for a few rubber plugs and a set of brake lines for my E39 (a 3lbs package at most) and I got a massive 30lbs box with an oil change kit and brake pads+wear sensors for an F30 340i/440i which I have no use for. What seems to have happened is that ECS pasted the right label on the wrong box because it has my name and my address but the wrong weight.

Now ECS is unresponsive (sent them several emails, called) and seemingly unwilling to send me the right order even though they already charged me the $135 it costs. Since my address is a freight forwarder and the box is now out of the US, I can't return it without having to shell out about $400 of my own money to ship it back internationally.

Now I understand that once I ship stuff outside of the US I'm basically on my own, but it's unethical from ECS to hide and not own up to their mistake. This isn't a regular return in the sense that I didn't order something that I no longer wanted or that I ordered incorrectly, but instead I got a package meant for somebody else because a distracted employee at ECS stuck the right label on the wrong package. Now I'm out of my $135 plus I have a bunch of parts that I can't use.

I've been a loyal customer of ECS for 6+ years and never had any issue with them until now, but I want to spread the word that they won't care if something like this happens.
    Last edited by crdiscoverer; 03-18-2021 at 01:48 PM.
    Resident Third World Country Advisor

My Cars
    Blown 528i, KE30, Pathy
    So it appears that the person I was communicating with on the ECS side was on extended vacation and that's why I wasn't getting a response.

They did the right thing and sent me my original order. Now I'm just waiting to see if it's actually the parts I bought. That doesn't take away the fact that they made a mistake in the first place, but I commend them for eventually take care of things.

You regained a loyal customer, ECS. Thank you.
    Resident Third World Country Advisor

My Cars
    530i
    Good to hear it worked out