BAVToys

Thread: Angel Eyes Bulb Replacement with Pictures

My Cars
    2004 BMW 325i Sedan

Replace Miniature Bulb in the Angel Eyes Assembly Lighting Unit with Pictures

My front right (Lighting unit, light rings) called Angel Eyes bulb went out on 2010 E90 328i sedan and the part cost $65, plus labor to replace. So, I decided to make an effort and try to replace the bulb, and not the whole assembly. There are cheaper aftermarket LED replacements, so this is for individuals looking to keep their stock part and appearance. Please see pictures for reference as you read. Since only 5 pictures allowed per post, I replied adding remaining pictures, total 15 pictures. Removing the Angel Eyes Bulb assembly took a little effort. You’ll need a T15 to remove screws, then carefully pull the assembly tab to remove. To identify the bulb, I had to remove the socket which is molded in place with melted plastic. I used my Gyros tool (cheaper version Dremel) to cut the socket loose. A few minutes later I successfully removed the socket and as expected the bulb twisted out of the socket. I found the bulb selling on Amazon for $11 with free Prime shipping. Now I pondered on the best way to reattach the bulb's socket to the Angle Eye Bulb assembly. I thought about gluing the socket in place since it's a long-lasting bulb. Then I thought, BMW or the manufacturer could have designed the bulb's socket to stay in place using a clip or fastener. So, I decided to cut out notches on the sides and use a thick O-Ring a little smaller than a quarter wrapped around the assembly to hold the socket in place. This allows for bulb to be easily replaced. Factoring the delay in thought, and searching for right sized O-Ring, it took about 30 minutes to complete the job. Having steady hands, I'm sure the task can be done in 15 minutes using a GRYRO or DREMEL tool.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by coolmellowdude; 03-09-2021 at 06:12 PM.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 325i Sedan
    More Pictures

My Cars
    2004 BMW 325i Sedan
    Continued more pictures
    Last edited by coolmellowdude; 03-09-2021 at 06:13 PM.

My Cars
    maruti
    Hi angel eyes bulb is best for car . for your Angel Eyes Bulb Replacement with Pictures more query search in google