Thread: Wayy to early F1 2021 team predictions....

My Cars
    2000 EuroSport RHD 540it

Wayy to early F1 2021 team predictions....

Time to ruffle some feathers, here is how I predict the championship will lay out by the end of the year (reasoning after rankings), comment your predictions and reasoning in terms of team finishes:

1) Red Bull
    2t) Mercedes
    2t) Aston Martin Racing
    4) Mclaren
    5) Ferrari
    6) Alpine
    7) Alpha Tauri
    8) Williams
    9) Alfa Romeo
    10) Haas (by a long way off)

My reasoning:

- Red Bull has 2 top drivers now, Max has proven himself, and Checo is a way better driver than Max has had in a while
    - Mercedes will not develop the car this year as they are looking for the new regulations and all their development will go towards that
    - Aston Martin would've won 3rd if not for the points deductions, Stroll is becoming a decently good driver (as seen with his pole last year) and Seb is back in a rear downforce car (like when he was with Red Bull). In addition, Seb is 2 years older than Ricciardo, and I believe 3 years younger than Hamilton (I am a Seb fan so I am definitely heavily biased here, take that as you may) so he definitely has more left in the tank, and with the reported amount of development he has done with AMF1 he is going to know what he is going into
    - Norris and Ricciardo will be good, but with the introduction with Ricciardo he will not be fully gelled with the McLaren team yet (I predict him and Russel at Mercedes in a couple of years)
    - Ferrari has both good drivers, but there is too much to overcome from their chassis from last year, not to think about their engine situation (although reported, by them, will be a lot better than last year)
    - Alpine has Ocon who improved last year, but Alonso is maybe a little past his prime, especially coming into a team when he hasn't been in this decade and has also been out of F1 for a couple of years (love Alonso, but don't think he and Ocon can pull it off this year)
    - Alpha Tauri has Gasley, but Tsunoda is a rookie
    - Williams has George who has something to prove, under new leadership I think there is a change in atmosphere which he can strive in and Latifi can also strive in a new atmosphere
    - Alfa will be better than Haas, but worse than everyone else
    - Haas will be grooming their younger drivers, and with 2 rookies will not be that competitive

Let me know if I am misguided, but I'd be willing to to put money down on these predictions

Side note --> Hamilton is not the best f1 driver of all time, he is a great driver don't get me wrong, but has always had a top car which has helped him throughout his career (He is a great driver, but if he joined any other team, such as Ferrari when Seb joined, he would not have the number of championships he has), you can label me a Hamilton hater, which I kinda am I fully admit that, but look at the team results and he has always had a great car

- I want to see a Hamilton vs Vettel same team rivalry such as Post vs Senna to see who comes out on top
    Last edited by mateo8; 03-06-2021 at 01:10 AM. Reason: "Un-needed Hamilton hate," sorry
    Current:
    2000 RHD Euro Sport Slicktop 540it Glacier Green/Black
    2009 LHD e92 335i Sport Black/Black

Former:
    1997 5sp locker 4Runner Green/Beige
    1991 Buick Park Avenue Gold/Beige

My Cars
    2006 Toyota Tundra
    No way Hamilton didn't go through all that contract drama to not be the defacto #1 at Mercedes. #8 is in the bag for him.

My Cars
    yay
    What we see in testing often seems to mean nothing.

But... cautiously hopeful that this could be the year that Max has the car to fight Louie.
    CARS
    02.92 325is / 06.72 2002 / 02.91 XJ / 08.04 R53 JCW

My Cars
    ∞FX37,M3a/4,94 332
    Hopefully we have a season similar to 2003 with eight different winners and the championship goes until the last few races.
    [IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    yay
    Max on pole!

Great show by Gasly.

What the hell happened to Perez?
    CARS
    02.92 325is / 06.72 2002 / 02.91 XJ / 08.04 R53 JCW