Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E39 boat anchor is out, LS is in

My Cars
    95 M3 6.0 Litre
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamBath View Post
    They aren't working on my work computer but they worked on my PC at home, so no idea.
    I have no idea what is going on with this site, I tried attaching images different ways and right now they are attached with [ ing ] tags [/ img ] (of course with no spaces. So far images only displayed on my mobile phone and on my home desktop with Firefox. I am at lost what else to do to make them visible on all browsers.
    Last edited by boriksh; 03-24-2021 at 12:24 PM.

My Cars
    E36 - 1998 328iS - LS2
    Quote Originally Posted by boriksh View Post
    I have no idea what is going on with this site, I tried attaching images different ways and right now they are attached with [ ing ] tags [/ img ] (of course with no spaces. So far images only displayed on my mobile phone and on my home desktop with Firefox. I am at lost what else to do to make them visible on all browsers.
    Strange. I'm on a home desktop with Chrome and the Edge and see no pics. Tried on my Android phone with Chrome and no pics there either.

My Cars
    95 M3 6.0 Litre
    Today I am working on thinning out the harness, and reroute branch that used to go to battery and under the oil pan, any schematic on how I should route it the best way? Going to pull unused pins and add the necessary ones to pcm plugs. I do not have previous experience with wiring and will appreciate any tips and tricks on wiring this thing.

11.1.jpg

11.2.jpg

11.3.jpg

11.5.jpg

Ordered compact fuse block per Brandon’s (lt1Swap.com) recommendation

Also ordered can bus controller from “Can Bus Module” on Facebook and it should be build, coded and shipped within two weeks.

11.6.jpeg
    Last edited by boriksh; 03-25-2021 at 11:08 AM.

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    Whats the can bus module needed for?? A/c??

Other than that not needed... rpm, tach is simple wiring to cluster and recoding cluster,

Clint
    Last edited by modular93fox; 04-07-2021 at 07:22 PM.
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped

My Cars
    95 M3 6.0 Litre
    Quote Originally Posted by modular93fox View Post
    Whats the can bus module needed for?? A/c??

Other than that not needed... rpm, tach is simple wiring to cluster and recoding cluster,

Clint
    Hi Clint, I am planning to hook up my A/C system in the future and wanted to utilize CAN Bus system for that.

Drooled over some cool cars while on my family vacation in Naples, FL. Like this one new and super rare Ferrari Roma
    12.1.1.jpeg

Or this 488 Pista,m which looks awesome in person
    12.1.3.jpeg
    12.1.4.jpeg

And few other cool toys
    12.1.2.jpeg
    12.1.5.jpeg

Now I am back and gotta remember where I left off with the project and carry on...

My Cars
    95 M3 6.0 Litre
    Couple of small items were completed.

Made power steering hose, and connected to an an fitting banjo.
    12.2.1.jpeg

Routed throttle cable, connected to the pedal, seems like I need some adjustments the throttle body opens at around 95%,
    12.2.2.jpeg

And created a bracket for an overflow cooling tank. I went with Audi ball style because of abundance of vw and Audi products at yards.
    12.2.3.jpeg

12.2.4.jpeg

Next up is fuel lines. Like most of LS swaps, I went with c5 FPR, same setup that was on my Ls2 m3. Will try to replicate the same setup. Got GM style quick disconnects, fuel rated line that will be routed to fuel rails.

My Cars
    96 328is 6.0L
    Nice progress!

Couple of things to keep in mind for the expansion tank is the size. It is hard to tell from the pictures, but you might want to ensure it is big enough for the size of the radiator you will use. If it was designed for a tiny rad of a 4 banger, you might be overflowing it if you will use a nice, big rad for the LS (like you should). Or you could also be sucking out all the juice if the res is too small.

Also, was this res designed for a pressurized setup or no pressure? If for pressure, what is the pressure rating of the cap? Does it match to what you need? Can you get different pressure rating caps for it, etc? If not, what will your plans be to control the coolant pressure?

Damn little things
    - 96 328is 6.0L. (LS1 to LS2 build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ad.php?2098938)
    - 96 328is 5.7L. (LS1 build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1289987)
    - 95 ///M3 6.0L. (LS2 build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1619249)

- 97 ///M3. (e46 Fender Flares/track car build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1727098)
    - 96 328is (Dual Fuel Pump to Surge Tank thread: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...ad.php?1964025)

My Cars
    95 M3 6.0 Litre
    Quote Originally Posted by bimerok View Post
    Nice progress!

Couple of things to keep in mind for the expansion tank is the size. It is hard to tell from the pictures, but you might want to ensure it is big enough for the size of the radiator you will use. If it was designed for a tiny rad of a 4 banger, you might be overflowing it if you will use a nice, big rad for the LS (like you should). Or you could also be sucking out all the juice if the res is too small.

Also, was this res designed for a pressurized setup or no pressure? If for pressure, what is the pressure rating of the cap? Does it match to what you need? Can you get different pressure rating caps for it, etc? If not, what will your plans be to control the coolant pressure?

Damn little things
    Bimerok, thank you for heads up, Yes the vw style tank is about the same volume as bmw one, it is just a different shape and is also pressurized, however its cap indicates 167 which is too high for the LS. You mentioned that LS should be happy with arond 140 or slightly lower, so need to check if VW/AUDI makes caps of that rating and if not maybe I will need to reuse original tank, which I wanted to ditch all togeter as it sits on the massive/bulky shroud.

My Cars
    95 M3 6.0 Litre
    Not a lot of progress, very busy at work lately.

Did a little research regarding vw/audi ball style coolant overflow reservoir and their cap, So the hot stamp that we thought represents a pressure that it is holding (just like bmw caps) is basically a manufacture production date, 167 is 16th week of 2007. Also most of them holding around 15-19 psi of pressure, and that what we need.

Got fuel system reworked, bulky bmw pressure regulator and other mess removed

15.jpg

and new c5 fpr installed, little messy and had to create a “cooling loop” (hehe per bimerok) as the space limitation and I did not want to cut oem lines.

15.1.jpg

Also cut original bmw quick connect line and spliced it with gm end, fits like a glove.

15.2.jpg

Another item I touched was the vacuum system. One way valve was connected to LS vacuum system. That is all as far as the process goes, will need to spend more time and get more items checked off of the to do list.

15.3.jpg
    Last edited by boriksh; 04-26-2021 at 01:30 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12