Thread: Instantly fell in love, now my wife is worried, lol

My Cars
    17 M240ix and 3 Suby's

Instantly fell in love, now my wife is worried, lol

Hi guys, upgrading the stable again... been a while since being fairly active on here and i'm going to have to get back into it.
    just upgraded my 08' 335i (now for sale, see classifieds) to a 17' M240i Xdrive with MPerformance package and OE carbon fiber interior option.
    I've been looking for a nice M240 for some months, found this on BMW USA's CPO web search and instantly knew it was the one for me.
    ended up being an adventure as the car was located in Madison Wisconsin and I live north east of Columbus Ohio.
    took a lot of phone calls, emails, exchanging detailed photos but eventually I made the 8 hour trip to acquire this beast.
    Now I've got to carefully consider what upgrade options I do to this to avoid killing warranty (good till 2023), never been in this warranty boat before...

Let me know your thoughts, I'm still wiping drool from it myself, hahaha
    27853.jpg
    Carbon Fiber.jpg
    MPerformance.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    1st night.jpg

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Congrats! It’s an amazing car! The engine pulls great through 6k RPM. My 2018 M240i is also white. I wanted silver but it wasn’t available. Do you plan on tracking it? It’s a beast on the track.

My Cars
    17 M240ix and 3 Suby's
    well, I have a buddy with an S3, also 2017 I think, who only knows how to drive straight... right now he's low 12's so eventually when I can put tune on this (I'm hearing some folks having luck with JB4 and removing it anytime the dealer sees it, also seems dealers don't mind downpipes and high flow cats as long as no CEL) i'll have to go walk him at National Trails drag strip.
    otherwise I haven't done SCCA autox since my e36 days a decade ago. But the thought has crossed my head to visit a random event or two... taking a few laps at mid ohio would be fun if I can find the time and opportunity, and spousal permission hahaha

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Join the BMWCCA and then do a high performance driving event (school). It ain’t cheap but you’ll have a great time. And you’ll improve your driving skills and be amazed by the car. I’ve done 3 HPDEs so far. The car is a beast on the track.

My Cars
    17 M240ix and 3 Suby's
    Thanks for the suggestion Marco!
    the mailman is delivering the K&N drop in filter today for it, and i'm already thinking about this from BMS
    https://burgertuning.com/collections...240i-340i-440i
    I need to go visit my local BMW dealer and see how they feel about mods, i'm hearing it really comes down to their discretion and the fault at hand when it comes down to adding a JB4...
    Otherwise I need to see how they feel about a down pipe with high-flow cat as long as CEL isn't triggered (possible?)
    Really I need to find out what kind of small parts and maintenance type items I should focus on prior to adding boost too, like HD PCV was a must on n54 for example.
    Baby steps, lol... we do have a Dinan dealer local too that I need to look into, of course the catch being I wouldn't get to enjoy any of the install fun if I went that route.