Thread: HELP: troubles after flashing

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i

HELP: troubles after flashing

Apologies if this has been on repeat and discussed a million times. I'm new to this part and really didn't know how or what to search for.

Im in need of a little help, I'm sure I have messed up because its what I do, LOL.

UP TO SPEED Story:

2006 BMW 325i auto

So I watched a video of steps to flash from 325i to 330i using the Bimmerlabs and Bimmergeeks info. So I purchased the K+DCAN cable and downloaded and installed all the software needed to get going. Fast forward a few days and the cable was in the mailbox. So I got excited and watched the video several more 1000 times, followed along with the software install. The instructions stated to delete a few folders, but to skip if you downloaded from Bimmergeeks. So I skipped the deletion of the folders and coping the folders back. Install complete!!! So still following along with the video I connect my cable up to the car and laptop, cycle the car to on but not started, start INPA in the BMW folder from the Bimmergeeks Standard Tool download. INPA starts up but doesn't display anything like what I'm seeing on the video. So after trying to figure it out with no luck, I decided to delete the folders that were to be deleted in the instructions but I skipped because I D/L from the Bimmergeeks link and copy the folders included with the download to the proper location on the laptop. Then I started to get the same screen displayed like in the video. Continued following along with the video after getting the correct screen. Plugged in the cable, opened up the RSA Delete folder and started the batch file. It went through the process and ended with ERG Programming complete. Then I opened the 325i to 330i folder and started the batch file until it completed with ERG Programming complete. I cycled the key and started the engine. It had a very long start but it did start, so I cycled again and it tool several seconds for it to start up, but it did. I noticed several dash warning lights, which the video stated there would be and would need to clear them. So I cleared the codes using INPA after clearing I re-read the errors and the same ones showed up again. Tried several times to clear the codes, even restarting the laptop to no avail. No matter how I cycled the ignition I could not get the codes to clear or have INPA show that they're were no error codes. I started the car and backed out of the driveway, as I put it into drive the orange gear with the ! popped up on the dash. I limped it back to the garage. Figured I'd start over with a fresh thinker tomorrow. Woke up with the bright idea, hey there's stock flashes I could flash back to the computer and maybe start over. Fingers crossed I went straight out the car and started the batch for the stock file, 4486915A.opa. Half way through it I thought, I didn't do the RSA Delete first. As soon as it completed it displayed all sorts of errors and fatal errors. I thought maybe its because I didn't do the RSA Delete first. So I cycled the key again and started up the RSA Delete batch file and it completed with the same errors and fatal error warnings. I opened INPA and did a read of the errors, which were way more this time. Tried to clear them and they would not clear just like the previous night. So I cycled the key and tried to start the engine and it would not fire this time. I tried several times until the battery was about drained. So I've stopped and am now asking if I have done some permanent damage to my computer. What should my next step be? I have screen shots that I will try to attach with this post so the error codes can be seen. I have looked each of them up and they all are pretty much saying the same thing, no communication.

Errors1.jpgErrors2.jpg

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated, even if it's what I don't really want to hear, the computer is toast. I just need a starting point to get my car back on the road. Thanks for taking the time to look.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    It would help if you went directly into dme module and pull the actual codes remaining after clearing everything.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i
    That just it, I can not get any of the codes to clear no matter what i use or the procedure. Since I'm pretty new and still dumb to all this, would you care to explain how I'd go about accessing directly to the DME module to pull the codes? Sorry for the lack of knowledge at this point. I do appreciate the reply.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i
    Could it possibly be that it needs to be re-aligned? How would I go bout doing this using INPA?

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i
    I just had a brain-fart. I remembered previously I had replaced the battery and left the blue plug, wake up wire, unplugged at the battery because the car would not start at time of replacing the battery, but after unplugging the blue plug it started up. i just remembered it is still unplugged and will plug it back up and see if that helps. Will post back after I get home from work.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i
    So I plugged the "wake up" wire up at the battery and was able to cycle the key and clear several codes. The only codes that display now are the Air Bag and Instrument Cluster. Tried several times to clear them but without success. Cycled the key and tried to start the engine, no starter roll over and no ignition. Connected to INPA and it shows the "cable present" and "ignition off". Cycled the key and pressed the starter button without the brake pedal pressed and INPA will display "ignition on" for a brief and split second and back to "ignition off". So I decided to roll the windows up and try again later but now the windows will not even roll back up. So I disconnected the battery and have left it until maybe i can get some kind of direction to go in. I appreciate the help.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    You have to go into each individual module and read the codes. They will give you the code and the text that goes with it, in English or German, depending on the INPA installation. There you'd get a better idea of what the codes represent.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i
    Before loosing power I did a read of each individual module independently and did screen shots of each result. This was the readings before I lost all power to the car. The screen shots should be attached below.

IMG_2594.jpgIMG_2595.jpgIMG_2596.jpgIMG_2597.jpgIMG_2598.jpg

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i
    So yeah! Rookie mistake!

I checked the battery with my meter after it had sit on the charger for 12 hrs., it only showed 10.37V. So I checked my charger and it has gone bad. It will begin a charge, showing it is charging and within a few mins stops the charge. So my mistake was not checking back to make sure it was still charging. Obtained a new charger, hooked it up, let it charge a few, read the codes, cleared the codes, car started. Still has a long start to it, so I'll check and make sure I didn't accidentally unplug or damage the wiring of the Crank Position Sensor when I replaced the upper crank case breather hose and plugged it in to the harness. I didn't completely remove the intake like I should have when doing so. Short cuts really aren't short sometimes. LOL

Thanks guys for helping me figure this out, I do appreciate it