Hi Everyone,

My X6 E71 has had an issue with accelerating past 3500 rpm ever since the oil cooler gasket got damaged and oil entered my coolant tank. I got the car flushed and the oil cooler gasket replaced, and my car radiator and coolant tank is clear of oil. The issue is that ever since the car came back from the mechanic after being fixed it has no power beyond 3500rpm. Right now it’s still drivable but really struggles on the highway. At lower speeds it’s fine and if I use the paddles to shift to a higher gear to keep the rpm low, then it is manageable compared to when I leave the car in Drive. In Drive (D) the car shifts normally till the 3rd gear, then stays at around 3800rpm with my foot down to the floor on the accelerator and just stays at 3800rpm and the power doesn’t seem to be going to the tyres since the speed of the car stays constant at 40mph(65kph). I I want to increase the speed I have to manually shift to gear 4 where it then gets power to the tyres and accelerates, till 3800rpm again and just stays there again at a constant speed. It’s like the car isn’t reaching the rpm that it need to shift gears at (normally gears shift in the 4000-5000rpm region).

I have checked the EGR and it’s clean and functioning properly, even disconnecting the vaccum pipe from the EGR didn’t make any difference. Car has been serviced recently with new oil, engine air filter and oil filter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been stuck on this for a while with no progress for over a year. So thank you for taking the time reading this.