Thread: SC14 built on 92 e36 is M50

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325is

SC14 built on 92 e36 is M50

Hello all,
    I hope I can get some assistance from you. I have recently completed SC14 twin screw (Toyota Previa) built. I’m using all stock including SC clutch. When SC is turned off the engine runs and idles perfect however when SC is on it keeps on idle hunting often dipping below 500 rpm triggering CEL. Other than idle issue SC performs well under load. BPV works as it should. I have triple checked intake and boost piping for any leaks. When in SC mode I can smell some light fumes which makes me believe there is some challenge with DME finding the right AFR mixture. What’s mind bugling is that it’s only idle issue and again perfect performance with SC turned off. I know I could go the route of permanent SC on, tune, etc but my goal here is to preserve dual function.
    Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    e30 318i, 135i
    first, sc14 is a roots blower, not twin screw.
    second, you've provided absolutely no information about your setup and tune.

Pull through or blow through? what maf? what tuning has been done? Do you have a bypass setup? etc etc

My Cars
    1998 M3 643whp
    OP is just wanting some help and we don't have to be asses when we ask further questions. Try being nice, it's amazing.

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325is
    Thank you!
    As I stated before my setup is on/off switch so I don’t want to tune for SC as it would affect it when it’s off.
    Btw, since my post, I kept on going back to all the steps during the initial install and it turns out my air filter was sitting too low and was touching plastic bottom cover. SC when on was getting starved of air coming from the center of the cone. I have shortened the pipe and raised air filter about 3 inches and viola problem solved!!!
    Thanks again for your willingness to help!

Btw, I have watched a tons of sc14 videos to determine if my SC is performing as it should. I getting somewhat metallic sound when in on position at idle. It has been serviced, fresh GM supercharger oil, bearing seemed within specs and clutch operation is with no issues. It may just be the way they run but listening to sound clips on YouTube some seemed little quieter than my unit. Is it normal and piping is what can affect idle sound?
    Thanks again all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk