Thread: Auto bmw stalling + other issues

My Cars
    2006 bmw 325xi

Auto bmw stalling + other issues

Hi, my names Kenna and I’ve made this account to seek advice about my car. It’s a 06 325xi. I’ve had it a few months.
    Recently it’s had a few issues, but most importantly the weird shifting and stalling.
    A couple days ago I started it ( 30 degrees out idk if that matters ) and the car made a weird pop noise. I had places to be so I went on with my day, but 30 minutes later the car stalled, twice at two different red lights and again. It gave me the tire pressure light, and the 4x4 symbol flashing as well as the cel. I turned it off and back on and it was fine.
    I feel like it could be a faulty fuse, as someone removed the awd fuse a few weeks previous. But I don’t understand why that could make my car stall like that.
    Today I was on the highway it shifted rough and about a min later the ! Transmission light flashed on and my rpms went crazy, and my car was surging. Same lights flashed on, but they all went away.
    Does anyone know what could cause this? No other electrical issues I’ve noticed. If the fuse was blown I’m pretty sure Itd make my wipers go crazy.

I’d like to also add that there’s a minor oil leak that’s getting fixed soon.

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    The first step in diagnosing a problem is to scan the engine computer (DME in BMWspeak) and the automatic transmission computer (EGS) fur codes. An ordinary obd2 reader will not scan the EGS. You need to take the car to a reputable indie shop that specializes in bimmers. Try www.bimrs.org to funds shop in your area.