RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Tried INPA with K+DCAN cable, now electronics don't work, key fob doesn't work

My Cars
    2007 bmw 328i coupe

Tried INPA with K+DCAN cable, now electronics don't work, key fob doesn't work

Hi,

I have a 2007 328i Coupe E92, manufactured 07/2007. One day started my car and let it run for 10 minutes. I tried to start it again, it will not start. No cranking. The the brake pedal feels heavy. I got a DMM and tested the voltage to be 11v. I was thinking I will replace my own battery. There's that registration part.

So I started a Windows 10 VM on my Mac. I installed INPA with Mike's EasyInstall. I purchased a K+DCAN cable with a yellow push button that enables and disables pin 8. So I tried reading the IBS battery management PM Fields 1 to see when my battery was register. Widows 10 Device Manager didn't have a PORT field. But I seemed to have installed the device drivers under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

Anyway, I'm guessing I disabled pin 8. I plugged in the ODCII port and started INPA. I turned on the car but no ignition. Tried to look at the IBS PM Field 1. I got an error:

ApiResultText: Error #28
    IFH-0018: INITIZATION ERROR
    API job error or no suh result !
    Continue script processing?

Anyway, I did a few things. Pushing in the yellow button for pin 8. Removing the ODBII connection and reconnecting. Now trying INPA again. The car seems entirely dead except the emergency button flashes. Comfort access to lock/unlock doesn't work. In fact, just using the key fob buttons don't seem to work.

Did I do some serious damage to my car? Will simply replacing the battery allow the electronics to work again? This DYI stiff is getting complicated. I would like to know what to expect. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    11VDC is waaaay to low. Your battery needs to be charged or replaced. How old is the battery? I see you live in San Jose so you’re battery should be hood for ~5 years if you drive the car on the highway frequently. Short trips (less than 5 miles) don’t bring the charge level up to full charge.

My Cars
    LS E46
    Just buy a new battery.