RM European Auto Parts

Thread: I park in NYC streets and I keep getting dented and scratched

My Cars
    2009 BMW 328ix M Package

I park in NYC streets and I keep getting dented and scratched

Good day everyone!
    I want you to help me please with this.
    I live and park my nice 2009 329xi M Package in the street in New York City.
    Every month there has to be something wrong with my car.
    People park in front and back of me keep denting and scratching my car with theirs' when they park or leave parking spot behind or front of me. I keep on going to bodyshop and paying out of my pocket to fixed whatever they damaged.
    I finally ready to invest for camera's in my car to catch those people and go after their insurance instead.
    Can you please recommend a place to install HD cameras all over my car so it can catch whoever keeps hitting my vehicle?
    Can you recommend a shop in NYC to do that for me?
    Or, Which cameras are best to buy and I can take it to someone to install them for me I just don't know anything about this.
    I want camera in front and rear windows catching anyone tempering or hitting my car while parked please recommend good camera or technician who can do this for me and I can have a peace of mine.

Thank you

My Cars
    1974 2002, 2009 128i
    In all seriousness, you'd be better off paying for a garage. Unless you're prepared to take half a dozen people a month to small claims court - because that's the only way you're going to have a chance of getting a dime - a camera is not going to solve your problem. As a half-measure you could try those rubber bumper protectors - I've seen one that goes around the front license plate that looks like it might be reasonably effective, and for the rear there are those curtains that hook into the trunk. I mean, they look awful, but they should at least reduce the damage.

Life's tough. It's tougher when you're stupid.
    -John Wayne

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    I have seen some people pull orange road cones out to put around their cars too. This might help, but like most places people really don't care about your car or theirs as much as you do.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by 02Pilot View Post
    In all seriousness, you'd be better off paying for a garage. Unless you're prepared to take half a dozen people a month to small claims court - because that's the only way you're going to have a chance of getting a dime - a camera is not going to solve your problem. As a half-measure you could try those rubber bumper protectors - I've seen one that goes around the front license plate that looks like it might be reasonably effective, and for the rear there are those curtains that hook into the trunk. I mean, they look awful, but they should at least reduce the damage.
    Agreed. Life in the big city, suck it up or move.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    2009 BMW 328ix M Package
    thanks for everyone's input.
    So I installed Blackvue 900X 2 channel in my car a couple of days ago and guess what?
    After I parked and I was sitting home on my phone messing with camera cloud and settings (live) I watched a big truck park in front of me and the guy backed into my car while it was filimg (While I was also watching the same time this happened). was about to throw up because they was just a weird coincident. Guess what he did??? He seen my bumper damaged got scared and ran off. lol but before he ran off he was wondering what was the light on dashboard ( it was the camera recording ) he didn't think twice he just ran away.
    So ladies and gentlemen, I automatically called 911 and showed them the video with CLEAR license plate and I will be going after his insurance.
    As I was telling the police officer about this he thought I was the luckiest person and he said he will put in a camera like that in his car as well.

I live in NYC since I was born. I'm not leaving it. If you can't handle the city then go live in the suburbs but I know how to handle myself here.
    I have had a previous incident where I woke up and found someone rear ended my parked bmw. guess what? My neighbors small Standard def camera caught it but license plate wasn't visible. I still found the person who rear ended and got my car fixed under his insurance.
    Trust me you need an eye witness inside your vehicle at all times. no matter where you live

My Cars
    97 528, 95 525, 03 525
    Good for you!

My Cars
    LS E46
    i LiVe iN nYc siNcE i wAs bOrN

Good for you bro. Now pay for a parking garage like the rest of the NY’ers

My Cars
    97 528, 95 525, 03 525
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
    i LiVe iN nYc siNcE i wAs bOrN

Good for you bro. Now pay for a parking garage like the rest of the NY’ers
    Well i for one was being genuine.

My Cars
    1995 M3 - 2007 X5
    I thought it was just something we learned to live with and accept when street parking in any of the boroughs.