Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Wheel Fitment

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325i Sedan

Wheel Fitment

4FF8E169-F49F-461C-A173-ACB5C7AE52F6.jpg
    Hello, Im looking for help on what size rims i should be buying for my 1992 E36 Sedan, I purchased the vehicle already lowered on Bilstein lowering suspension both front and back. I believe it might be a 2 inch lowering but not sure, I have purchased ESR WHEELS, SR05 17X8.5 5X120 +30 72.6 and had major rubbing on the back fenders. It was quite bad to the point that I had to buy camber arms for the rear and then eventually sold them. Im looking to get a new set of wheels and any help on fitments that would fit my car would be greatly appreciated. Will provide pic if I can figure out how to post one lol I'm brand new to this forum.
    Last edited by RileyMac005; 01-14-2021 at 12:15 PM.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

You'll need to research some more and understand tech specs with wheels. It's possible to run a lowered E36 with 15/16/17/18/19 inch wheels and all depends on what look you want and would like to achieve.

To start, look at E36 sections of this and other BMW forums, look at the Stanceworks forum to learn more on the kinds of looks you can get given a set and a diameter of wheel used and how it's achieved. You'll need to understand the 'relationship' between wheel widths/offsets/tyre sizing/tyre shoulder shape/car ride height/if you are willing to pull your arches/use spacers/one two or 3 piece wheels.

If your car's arches are a bit damaged or offshape etc, you'll need to take that into account as well, if the suspension is old and tired/saggy, then perhaps refresh that as well and get the car back to 'oem' spec if needs be.

If you research as much as possible first, check your car and then 'benchmark' it, you can then proceed to look for the wheels you want with the budget you set in conjunction with the look you ideally would want. This way, you'll research many times and purchase only once and you'd not have wasted time and possibly money on buying a set first and finding things aren't right as what it seems has happened !

Cheers, Dennis!