Thread: New alpine head unit

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3

New alpine head unit

41EF3785-8048-47F3-B27B-6081917AE3D3.jpeg
    I just swapped my old alpine head unit that came with the car to a new cde-175bt. The illumination color options match pretty well. There’s a custom color option too that I may play with. Oh well I’ll just crank up the sublime and enjoy. I mainly wanted the BT integration and front USB port anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    00 M Roady '22 Lexus RC
    Looks nice, I noticed it can play FLAC files. Can't get much better than that!

My Cars
    1998 Z3 1.9 5 speed
    Is 'Wrong way' the name of a song, or has it started nagging you already?

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    Sublime surely. Wrong way is the song title. It did occur to me I'd probably catch sh*t over it but it was a good test song to adjust the sub with

My Cars
    2002 BMW Z3 Coupe
    Looks great! Seems like Alpine manages to avoid the clown show appearance of many other brands. More restrained but with same options. I swapped an Alpine unit into a 911sc 10 years ago, big improvement over the Pioneer junk the PO had installed. And sound was clean.

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by z3forlife View Post
    Sublime surely. Wrong way is the song title. It did occur to me I'd probably catch sh*t over it but it was a good test song to adjust the sub with
    I always put on Waiting For My Ruca when I'm testing the lows on a sub. No sh*t offered here!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    I think the display will work well in the sun with the top down. We’ll see as soon as my driveway cement cures enough for me to drive on (1 MORE DAY). This unit comes with a mic mounted to a clip on a gimble. I clipped it over the console high on the passenger side out of the way so I’ll have to test it on the highway and see if that location works.

My Cars
    2K Z3 2.8
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrocrust View Post
    Looks great! Seems like Alpine manages to avoid the clown show appearance of many other brands. More restrained but with same options. I swapped an Alpine unit into a 911sc 10 years ago, big improvement over the Pioneer junk the PO had installed. And sound was clean.
    I had to yank a disco-ball headunit out of mine when I got it. Why do people do this?
    Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead.

My Cars
    2002 S54 M Coupe
    Thanks for the post. Looks great. Was planning the same swap over holidays, but missed out and can’t find stock. Good luck so far with prior Alpine, but I want the BT streaming. I’ve been able to match display colors pretty close to the rest of dash with Alpine.

cheers.

My Cars
    E36
    Have y’all ever considered this sort of thing can be done for low cost at Best Buy?

i mean I wouldn’t but your setup isn’t super clean

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentinpdx View Post
    Have y’all ever considered this sort of thing can be done for low cost at Best Buy?

I wouldn’t let a Best Buy monkey touch my car with a ten foot pole. I’ve been a electronic tech for over 40 years. I’m not sure what you mean by super clean. It’s not stock but that’s the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TexasVol View Post
    Thanks for the post. Looks great. Was planning the same swap over holidays, but missed out and can’t find stock. Good luck so far with prior Alpine, but I want the BT streaming. I’ve been able to match display colors pretty close to the rest of dash with Alpine.

cheers.
    It was a easier swap than I anticipated. Alpine still uses the same plug as my original unit so it was truly plug and play. No changes were needed to the wiring. The phone integration and Bluetooth work well.

My Cars
    00 M Roadster 17 Cayman
    My biggest issue with Alpine was the glaring blue power button (no matter what color the rest of the display). It appears that is no longer true?

My Cars
    Z3M
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentinpdx View Post

That’s a douche response. You can’t even tell if the install is sloppy based on the one picture. The install looks fine to me and way to crap on the OP’s thread...

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    You can set the color of the display as well as the buttons separately. The display goes to white when you enter the setup or audio menu. image.jpg

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    35567F7A-CAD4-4AE8-9F3C-A18C4C4337A5.jpeg
    here’s a better daylight pic. My mic is mounted to the right. The phone clarity is great even top down.