Thread: 2002 Z3 M Coupe - trade?

My Cars
    z3

2002 Z3 M Coupe - trade?

Im going to be selling my 02 M coupe
    194,000 miles but doesnt show the mileage at all
    Alpine White, Black interior
    I have to post a price so $29k...

But Im not currently interested in an outright sale so that price isnt super realistic and I know that...

Im more interested in a trade for an M roadster or a rare color E46 wagon

Any year is OK but obviously most would need cash on top

Maybe someone wants to upgrade from roady to coupe and we could work something out

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    99 M3
    Photos!!??!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    z3
    Thought I posted pics but I don't see them on my PC... I will post some up shortly

FWIW I know its not a $29k car - just have to follow my own rules and post a price. Ultimately, I want an M roadster, so I will either sell outright and buy one or trade if there is an opportunity to do so. For now I'd like to entertain trades while I decide where to price it for an outright sale

Edit: been asked a couple times so thought I should clarify - yes I would accept trades for an S52 roadster but obviously would need some cash on top
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 01-08-2021 at 10:11 AM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    Z3, Z3 Cpe, Z4is, 525it
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Thought I posted pics but I don't see them on my PC... I will post some up shortly

FWIW I know its not a $29k car - just have to follow my own rules and post a price. Ultimately, I want an M roadster, so I will either sell outright and buy one or trade if there is an opportunity to do so. For now I'd like to entertain trades while I decide where to price it for an outright sale

Edit: been asked a couple times so thought I should clarify - yes I would accept trades for an S52 roadster but obviously would need some cash on top
    I think cash on top would have to depend on mileage and condition of the roady against a super high mile coupe... You may end up ponying up some cash... (just thinking out load again)
    '96 Z3 1.9DASC Boston
    '98 Z3 2.8 Turquoise
    '01 Z3 2.3 Atlantis
    '01 Z3 2.3 Topaz
    '01 Z3 3.0 Coupe Topaz
    '15 Z4 3.5is Valencia
    '03 525iT Black

My Cars
    z3
    yeah but... it's an S54 M coupe

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    Coupes...
    I asked around, no one wants a shitty S54 M Coupe.

I got a 1997 ranger in excellent shape that I'll trade you straight up.

You know this is a great deal!
    White is Right, Steel Grey is OK, but Estoril is the only color that truly matters.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    I'll straight up trade for my 2005 VTEC Honda Accord (no stupid shims required for valve adjustment).

Message that guy on BAT selling the 10k mile LSB Roadster and see if he wants to trade.
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by mpire View Post
    I asked around, no one wants a shitty S54 M Coupe.

I got a 1997 ranger in excellent shape that I'll trade you straight up.

You know this is a great deal!
    Daaang dude, harsh words. Just salt on the not selling me your s54 midpipe wound

Quote Originally Posted by s8ilver View Post
    I'll straight up trade for my 2005 VTEC Honda Accord (no stupid shims required for valve adjustment).

Message that guy on BAT selling the 10k mile LSB Roadster and see if he wants to trade.
    Haha - I would if there was any chance in hell he'd say yes...

Local guy offered to trade for a 90k mile S/C E46 M3 with 500whp but, idk. That was the sort of trade I was looking for, but I guess I'm pickier than I thought. Or I just love Z3's more than I'm willing to acknowledge. Or I really, REALLY hate Carbon Black enough to pass on an otherwise reasonable trade

I'll go back to messaging everyone with a decent E39 M5 for sale asking if they'd trade now lol

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1988 Pathfinder
    Assuming then you aren't interested in my 01? Just let me know

My Cars
    E36M3/E46M3/E39M5/E63M6
    I'd trade you my 05' E46 M3 Competition Coupe for it, but...its Carbon Black!
    E36/8 2000 M Coupe Cosmos Black/Black
    Shark, Conforti CAI, B&B Exhaust, H&R, Bilstein, AKG Subframe/Diff, UUC TME Red/Caps, Swapped Front Hats, Ice>Link.
    ================================================== =======================

My Cars
    z3
    I'd be open to trading for an E46 M3 if it was "unique" in some way. A cool color - Estoril Blue, Velvet Blue, at least a Phoenix Yellow or something... or an M Texture interior

It's hard because I love my M coupe, but I'm hesitant to sell it because of financial reasons, it feels a bit like selling an E30 M3 in 2007. But I also hate having that mentality - cars are meant to be enjoyed, not treated as investments. I always ragged on the notion of garage queens and now I have one - and a pretty dumb one at that, given the mileage. It's just causing a lot of weird, uncomfortable inner conflict for me in this regard. I think trading it for another M car thats already on the bottom of it's depreciation curve is my best move. I'll keep looking for E39 M5's to trade for...

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    E36M3/E46M3/E39M5/E63M6
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    I'd be open to trading for an E46 M3 if it was "unique" in some way. A cool color - Estoril Blue, Velvet Blue, at least a Phoenix Yellow or something... or an M Texture interior

It's hard because I love my M coupe, but I'm hesitant to sell it because of financial reasons, it feels a bit like selling an E30 M3 in 2007. But I also hate having that mentality - cars are meant to be enjoyed, not treated as investments. I always ragged on the notion of garage queens and now I have one - and a pretty dumb one at that, given the mileage. It's just causing a lot of weird, uncomfortable inner conflict for me in this regard. I think trading it for another M car thats already on the bottom of it's depreciation curve is my best move. I'll keep looking for E39 M5's to trade for...
    I was mostly joking tbh, I don't really want to trade my ZCP, nor do I need another shoe - but I do get the same feeling sometimes about the cars I have. Its very hard to let go - and the only way you can do it is when you immediately replace it with something more interesting. This is what I did with my M6 - sold it and immediately - like next day I bought a Z4M Coupe. You'll have hard time finding a unique E46M now, simply because they are all desirable and go for crazy unreasonable money because of that.

Btw, I think you might have missed the train a bit with E39 M5s, they are officially started to climb about a year ago, and currently pointed straight into the stratosphere. Finding a clean one with low miles for good money is next to impossible. Anything under 50k miles is $50k+. Still some cars out there, but you won't be getting a deal, unless you want a project to tinker with. Parts availability is starting to dwindle with them as well, so if that's what you want, time to pounce now. I got lucky and bought a cherry Imola 3 years ago for what could only be considered a highway robbery now.

E36/8 2000 M Coupe Cosmos Black/Black
    Shark, Conforti CAI, B&B Exhaust, H&R, Bilstein, AKG Subframe/Diff, UUC TME Red/Caps, Swapped Front Hats, Ice>Link.
    ================================================== =======================

My Cars
    z3
    Good news for me is I am not looking for a sub-50k mile example, 100-150k is my target range. Enough that it's been driven and had common stuff fixed, not so much that everything is broken (hopefully). Their current pricing trajectory is part of why I want to get on board that train now. And to be fair, they've been going up for quite awhile now. Extremely low mile/rare colors have been seeking substantial premiums for at least 8 years or so. I've been offered mid-high $20's for my car, and that should be enough to get the E39 M5 I'm looking for, I just don't want to pull the trigger on selling my coupe until I have an M5 lined up... I'm sure you know that feeling well...
    And luckily for me, I not only don't mind tinkering, but if anything I'd prefer a car that needs a little work if it means getting a more interesting color combo

Plus, I have a somewhat silly goal of owning all the "gray gauged" M cars. I have a 4.8is and the S54 Z3M currently - adding an E39 M5 would mean I'm only an E46 M3 away from achieving that goal!

edt: I just realized we joined this forum the same month. I've been a little more active than you over this time though

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    98 Z3 2.8
    Hey, I'll trade you a nice high mileage example of a DASC 1.9... No? lol
    96 320i Touring
    98 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    01 PY M Coupe
    96 Z3 1.9 - DASC
    95 318ti Clubsport
    94 Miata M-Edition
    13 smart fortwo