Thread: Ecs wtf?

My Cars
    2002, 320is, 328is, M3

Ecs wtf?

Copy of the email I sent off to ECS after receiving the wrong wheel bearings for the third time. Full disclosure the product return function works well. Everything else? Not so much. This has been going on for 5 weeks now.

I received my order today. 778-356-775. For the third time you have sent me the wrong parts. The number on the box DOES NOT match the part number on the invoice. I would assume that this should be a red flag but apparently not. I have been told that these parts fit. They do not. When I enter the part number you sent into YOUR fitment guide it says they DO NOT FIT but you continue to send them.I took the liberty of taking a few pictures to show you THEY DO NOT FIT. Hope this helps with the next customer.
    Part ordered: 33411090505S1
    Part sent: 33412295519 these are huge, for a 7 series
    Picture of hub inside the bearing. PLEASE notice the slop
    IMG_3582[2].jpg

This is the bearing turned sideways to the hub where you claim it fits. Car is a 1997 328is. I replace the bearings every 2 years.
    IMG_3588[1].jpgIMG_3588[1].jpg

I have pointed out twice that you have parts listed incorrectly in your system that would include the 3 and 7 series and that is not correct. This last order was supposed to have a manager review. WTF?! Know your sport.
    Not sure what department over there actually cares but if nothing else you can print this out on toilet paper and get some use out of it.
    Jay McArdle
    ME:"I want to make my car faster and lighter"
    THEM:" Get out and let someone else drive"

My Cars
    2002, 320is, 328is, M3
    Finally heard back from ECS:
    Thank you for your patience. I have been working with my parts team and it appears these may have come in incorrect from the vendor. While we work with them on that issue, we do have alternatives. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

My response:
    I ordered the part from a competitor and they are already on my car. Your issue is not mislabeled parts! The parts your company sent me do not match the invoice you send with them. The issue is in your computer listings. I have included the information in some of my correspondences with your company. The description for the part you send is entered incorrectly. It is not a vendor issue. It is poor information entered into your system. You can call me to discuss this if you but it appears that no one over there is grasping what the problem is. The last order was supposed to have a manager check it. If that happened I would think it should have been halted when the number clearly marked on the box did not match the invoice. Every time I got the parts I would enter them into your system and your system correctly says they will not fit. If I did a web search a listing for your site shows up and claims they do fit but also fit cars with larger bearings. This is the crux of the issue. At this point just refund my money.

There should be an on line chat from a few days back that contains the link to the incorrect listing. I am looking for it now.

I found it. Here is your issue. Look at the first car listed for this part. This is the issue as the 8 series and the 3 series do not use the same size wheel bearings. You're welcome!

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-febi-par...11090505s1~fe/

Last edited by Cobra1956; 01-09-2021 at 09:51 PM.
    ME:"I want to make my car faster and lighter"
    THEM:" Get out and let someone else drive"