Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: E38 Avin Avant 4 DSP issues - No sound

My Cars
    1997 E38 740iL

E38 Avin Avant 4 DSP issues - No sound

Hi all and happy New year 2021

Thanks for reading my first post. I'm ready for the seeds of people wisdom in all forms they may come in!

Ok, the situation:

I'm in Thailand and have bought a 1997 (CBK import) e38 740iL. It came with a broken scene 4:3 and sounded bad but mostly I suspect because of the only input that still worked was the radio. CD changer was broken and someone molested the tape deck and installed an aux input USB device that was not working. There was a mobile phone unit, cd changer, radio device and DSP amplifier in the rear. There was no navigation unit.

I bought an Avin Avant 4 with all the correct leads, licences for DSP and the iBus application. It arrived a couple weeks ago and started installing it yesterday. I needed some support from from Avin as the DSP licence want installed on it correctly. Now it is; I still don't get sound through the speakers. Immediately after the unit comes on, the speakers play one second of static from the radio, then silence.

All the iBus convectively is working so I believe it's connected directly to the vehicle.

I was following some of their advice about the iBus coding menu regarding the DSP. I go into the menu for choosing and don't see the same as in their tutorial.

I see a message saying " DSP C00, 48/7, Phillips ". I should see more options, but there is none. I try hitting the " Read coding data " button but it says the ECU is not codable. I press the " reset " button and am told there is no backup data available.

Does anyone know what this means and what my next steps are?

Your comments are appreciated.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

Feedback about Avin support from other customers who've purchased from them leans towards it not being very good.

Make sure you've not connected the iBus/Resler Interface to the OEM plugs that would have connected on the back of the OEM monitor. I believe you need to connect to another part of the loom that has the iBus wire. A recent purchaser of the Resler Interface over here in the UK was reporting funny goings on and I recall he had to re-connect it elsewhere on the car's loom. Go back to Avin to see if they know about this and if not, take a look at the E46 fanatics forum where there's more users of the Avin and some of whom who've had to resolve the various issues/problems with these units without Avin's help

Cheers, Dennis!