Thread: Track tire pressure question, Michelin vrs. Conti

My Cars
    ACS/M-Technik 330Ci

Track tire pressure question, Michelin vrs. Conti

Have any of you track guys switched from Conti's to Michelins and found you needed to make notable changes in your tire pressures?

I just replaced my Conti Contact 2's with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires. I took them to the Nürburgring Nordschleife for the first time yesterday and they were sliding around quite a bit with the same pressures as what I used with the Conti's. Not snap and bite you kind of slides, but gradual four wheel drifts that seem to happen at lower corner speeds than the Conti's which I really didn't expect with the softer Michelins. The problem is they kept pushing me wide on my exits. The rubber didn't ball up as much as on the Conti's which is a good thing, but I need more mid-corner grip. Any thoughts?

• Checkout Project HyperWorksMCS HERE
    • View My Other Automotive Project HERE

My Cars
    95 M3, 08 F250, 68 Z-28
    What kind of pressure are you running? It wouldn't surprise me if you have to change pressure.

My Cars
    ACS/M-Technik 330Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Gvl_M3
    What kind of pressure are you running? It wouldn't surprise me if you have to change pressure.
    39 psi front 37 psi rear with the Conti's, but was starting to get a little too much oversteer, so I had the Michelins at 39 psi front and rear. This balanced the car better, but seemed to lack mid corner grip.

BTW, tires are 235/35ZR19 front and 265/30ZR19 rear.

• Checkout Project HyperWorksMCS HERE
    • View My Other Automotive Project HERE