Thread: External Horn Button mounts

My Cars
    98' Z3M, 02' 911 C4S

External Horn Button mounts

Looking for some feedback on any external horn mounting brackets installed onto sparco, momo, etc, type steering wheels. How hard is it to reach the button with your thumb while driving? Less concerned about the horn than the high-beam since I'll be installing a 2 button version and using one for high-beam flashing so I don't need to use the column stalk. I'm contemplating using a paddle shift mounted to the column instead of the buttons if I can find one - seems more natural. I found a Sparco version, and have seen some generic carbon fiber ones on various sites - they all look the same, but appear to be a good distance from the steering wheel which is influenced by the diameter - mine's 355mm.

mslevin is offline Have you checked RealOEM? BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    I had a set of the sparco external horn buttons in my E36 with a pretty deep dished wheel (a Renown wheel, 350mm diameter, 100mm dish). I wasn't able to hit them with my thumb while my hand was fully on the wheel. I had to move my hand/remove it from the wheel. Thankfully they were just for fun. With a similar wheel, I would prefer a wheel-mounted button if I were to do it again.

My Cars
    98' Z3M, 02' 911 C4S
    I think I may have found a sim based solution that I can wire to both the horn and lights. If I can get them to work, it'll be a lot easier to use them than a button that requires my thumb. I'll post if I can get them to work - otherwise the search continues.