Ok, so long story short I want my e32 to play cassettes with an original Bmw head unit and I’m almost there with a (refurbished) c33.

my car is a 10/87 build date so it’s the early finicky amplifier setup. I was able to get an adapter from German audio tech to run the c33 without chopping up any original wiring.

even with my old cruddy head unit I only got sound from one or two speakers which points at the amp going bad... but what is the solution? I emailed multiple rebuilders an none wanted to touch the amp, they said just replace it. Which oddly enough I found that maybe they’re still available new?

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...uine-bmw-part/

not wanting to outright spend $400 I tried a used amp from eBay but when it was installed it did nothing (half wondering if I fried it by not swapping my equalizer module into the “new” amp as the two plugs were in fact different). So now I’ve got a totally useless amp, one that’s on its way out. And wondering if I purchase the new $400 unit, if My issues will be solved?

(I’m not rewriting the car, the wiring is good, I do not want an aftermarket head unit, I don’t mind spending money but I would like to know that if I spend it it’ll be right.)

let’s talk, there’s simply ZERO info on trying to keep the sound system stock.