Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Resler interface issues

My Cars
    E39 540i Touring

Resler interface issues

I've just installed a Resler interface with an Erisin android head unit into my 2000 E39 540i Touring. I've spliced into three of if the wires coming from the blue factory nav plug and am having some issues. The app and interface work, and I have paid for the software license. I only seem to have limited functionality though. My VIN number intermittently disappears from the info screen before reappearing, I can't access the coding functions, get any lighting options to work or change anything on my IKE display. I've definitely soldered the wires correctly and have attached good join with heat shrink, etc. I'm sure I read somewhere that it isn't really recommended to use the wires from the blue nav plug to connect the interface so am wondering if this could be causing the issues. I've ordered the plug and play radio harness adapter from the IBUS shop, so am hoping this may solve it. Any other advice is welcome. Thanks.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi Pricey98,

That name looks familiar !

You'll need to scan the various forums see if anyone else has the issue and if there's a resolution to it. From your FB post, seems the feedback you have mentioned is to connect to a specific point on the ibus wire and not in the way you've done so far.

You'll most likely not get any good technical help from 'Erisin' !

Hopefully the tip you've had will resolve. If not, then you'll need to keep scouring the forums as mentioned, and fault find more, new Resler USB stick, uninstall/reinstall of the iBus app, wire continuity, new head unit etc until you find where the issue(s) are.

Cheers, Dennis!