Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBA Reman -closed?

My Cars
    2003 530i M-sport

BBA Reman -closed?

After riding by BBA Reman dozens of times, I finally needed their service. It's one mile from my house (Massachusetts).
    Dropped off my ABS module (2003 530i, M54) and was told it would be about five days. No call came, I waited.
    After twice that long, I went over to ask about it, and the place is completely closed with a sign on the door
    "seized by order of the county sheriff" or some such. I guess they didn't pay their bills or something?

I had read both good and bad things about them. I should have paid more attention to the dates on those threads, though.
    Went over to ask a local mechanic if he still uses them; he hasn't in over a year, he said, due to problems.

So now they have my module and there's nobody there. I'm supposed to call a guy in the sheriff's office today, and
    apparently he's going to tell me when I might go by there and retrieve my module. Knock on wood right?

If you've had positive and RECENT experiences with one of their competitors, please let us know.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    I've used Module Master a few times and have always been satisfied. Hope you get your core back.
    Last edited by ross1; 12-02-2020 at 06:13 PM.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    2003 530i M-sport
    Thanks. Supposedly I can go between 11 and 4 tomorrow, and get my ABS module back if I pay the sheriff's office $45. Seems reasonable, right? NOT.

My Cars
    2001 E39 540i A, 207 k
    Well that is approximately the price of a used ABS module from the junk yard...Did the sheriff's office fixed it ? -
    Last edited by Chedley; 12-02-2020 at 08:54 PM.

My Cars
    99 528i/5, 05 ZHP conv
    I dropped off a spare ABS unit with BBA Reman in Taunton about 12 days ago, I am betting they did not repair it. If they did, I might pay the $45, If they didn't I am thinking maybe not. Why the $45 charge? That's BS

Do you have any idea how you're going to find your part ?

My Cars
    E12, E12, E36, E39
    You really expect the Sheriff's to care? They regard it as a nuisance and a civil matter I'm sure. Sure, it might meet the definition of theft, but the DA isn't going to file so they won't care. Yes it's BS, but it shouldn't be a surprise.
    98 328is
    02 525ita
    80 528i
    81 528ia
    and decades of owning and driving BMWs

My Cars
    750IL/540iT/R53/E46Vert
    This was also mentioned on the e38 thread.

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    $45 for what is yours??? WTF is that crap??? I would bust in there and grab it all.... And then some.
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Sucks, alright but the forty five bones are not for BBA. The sheriff charges for this same as serving summons, etc.
    Last Bosch 5.7 cores I sold brought $75 so perhaps worth sucking it up.
    You could go after BBA for the $45 but I suspect you'll be at the rear of a long line trying to collect $$ from them.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    If you don't find your ABS unit, do you still have to pay the $45 just for the privilege of looking? If so, I'd cut bait now and just source another one. If you only pay the $45 if you find it, then I'd go try to get it as the location is very close to you.
    98 540i 6, 525 whp, 120 mph 1/4, V3 Si S/C'er @16 psi, W/A I/C, Water/Meth, Supersprint Headers, HJS Cats, 3" Custom Exhaust, UUC Twin Disc, Wavetrac LSD, GC Coil Overs, Monoball TA, AEM FP, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Failsafe AFR/Boost, Style 65's w/275's, M5 Steering Box, Eibach Sways, M3 Shifter, Evans Coolant, 85 Deg Stat, PWM Fan, 10" Subs, B.A. speakers, Grom Aux/BT, Still Rolling as my DD!

My Cars
    99 528i/5, 05 ZHP conv
    Quote Originally Posted by philly98540 View Post
    If you don't find your ABS unit, do you still have to pay the $45 just for the privilege of looking? If so, I'd cut bait now and just source another one. If you only pay the $45 if you find it, then I'd go try to get it as the location is very close to you.

Spoke with Sheriff's dept. They are there now until 3pm. I was informed If I come down they will find my part. If they find it, I can have it back for $45.

I think I will go, and If they bring it out AND it looks like it has been rebuilt...(newly applied seal on seams), I think I will pay $45..If not, I probably won't.

My Cars
    540it, 540sedan, 540-6 s
    I've been sitting on a stack of cores, waiting to decide who to send one or two to, to get repaired.
    The other 10 are just "junk" , so free if you need a core.
    I was just going to include them for a rebuilder to have, if i could find a preferred vendor.
    I wouldn't waste my time looking for "mine". Unless you just want to go down for the spectacle of police in action.

My Cars
    79 242, 99 528iT, 11 TSX
    Came in here to check. This sucks. I sent them a module for repair a month ago and have gone by without response. Looks like it's time to put a stop payment on my credit card and order a new control module (ugh).

My Cars
    99 528i/5, 05 ZHP conv
    Quote Originally Posted by wagons ho View Post
    I wouldn't waste my time looking for "mine". Unless you just want to go down for the spectacle of police in action.
    Oh, and what a spectacle it was...you guys missed it. When I got there, there were about 10 people in line some of whom said they waited more than 2 hrs....There was one Sheriff (just like the wild west) who would let one person in at a time...Each person would take 15-20 minutes and then come out....usually empty handed. Only 30% of the people I saw found their part.

In the line of fellow DIY'ers, mechanics, and others there were all sorts of rumors...BBA took a bunch of parts before the Sheriff came and has been selling them on-line. There was already a liquidation auction, etc. etc.

When I finally got in I couldn't find my ABS module. There were several that looked like mine, but none were marked with my name. Virtually all of them said "No Fix" or "Can't Fix" or similar. I walked away and kept my $45.

I feel lucky, many of the people in line had modules being fixed at BBA that prevented their (or their customer's) car from running. Mine was a spare.
    Last edited by effduration; 12-03-2020 at 03:54 PM.

My Cars
    2003 530i M-sport
    I was one of the lucky ones. There were a bunch of Bosch ABS modules as the lawman watched me scour the shelves. Every person but one had come out empty-handed. Mine still had the paper on it, with my name, although not repaired. So the whole adventure cost me $45 and a couple of hours in line. Most people are out hundreds, even thousands.

My Cars
    2003 530i M-sport
    [QUOTE=Mike WW;30601192]You really expect the Sheriff's to care?

Absolutely not. And he was the only person at the whole site not wearing a mask, in violation of governor's order. FWIW!

>Sure, it might meet the definition of theft, but the DA isn't going to file so they won't care.

Do you know something about the charge against them?

My Cars
    79 242, 99 528iT, 11 TSX
    Looks like mine is still at the Taunton post office, but the label does not have my name on it. Crossing fingers that USPS can pull off a miracle and not be all USPS-y about it.

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    BBA is a big company, and has other locations in other countries ...

Anyone try contacting the main office location ?

I already had my ABS module repaired, but it went bad again literally 1 year after the repair.
    I had a very hard time contacting them and I finally was able to contact someone on the phone and email them .
    I just sent them an email to verify if BBA would respond ....
    I still have not sent my ABS module in, because I have been busy with other repairs, but I guess it is good that I didn't send it in ...
    However, I am still stuck with a bad module that has / (had ?) a lifetime warranty, and now will need to pay again to have it fixed ....

Looking for an E39 belly pan , passenger front inner fender liner …

My Cars
    79 242, 99 528iT, 11 TSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason5driver View Post
    BBA is a big company, and has other locations in other countries ...

Anyone try contacting the main office location ?

I already had my ABS module repaired, but it went bad again literally 1 year after the repair.
    I had a very hard time contacting them and I finally was able to contact someone on the phone and email them .
    I just sent them an email to verify if BBA would respond ....
    I still have not sent my ABS module in, because I have been busy with other repairs, but I guess it is good that I didn't send it in ...
    However, I am still stuck with a bad module that has / (had ?) a lifetime warranty, and now will need to pay again to have it fixed ....
    Called their Canadian office and also nothing :shrug:

My Cars
    528i, 525iT, M5
    Man hate to see this one go down as they fix mine ABS unit 2 years ago. The turn around was quick and it is still holding strong.
    Current Garage Highlights
    2003 525iT TiSilver
    2002 M5 TiSilver
    1998 528i KASCHMIRBEIGE METALLIC (301) (Goldie)

Former Garage Highlights
    2005 X5 4.8is
    2004 325iTs (2x)
    1973 Pantera L
    1971 Dodge Dart Swinger "Lite Package"
    1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack Alpine White
    1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack GoManGo Green
    1969 Road Runner 383
    1968 Barracuda Formula S 340 Sea Foam Green

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Guess I better hit the junkyard and pick up a spare or 2.

My Cars
    79 242, 99 528iT, 11 TSX
    I ended up buying a rebuilt Dorman unit from Rockauto. Got a DSC controller acting as a dust cover to send in as a core, plus my 5% discount. Hopefully it's worth the $350...

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    I tried emailing their corporate office ...
    Still waiting for a reply .
    http://www.bba-reman.com/us/content/...man_in_boston/
    Last edited by Jason5driver; 12-05-2020 at 01:37 PM.

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    I just received this email this morning ...

[ From USA Taunton Office ]

Good morning,

Apologies for the issues you are receiving at the USA office, let me please inform you as to what has happened.

Let me clarify our position, the former manager of the US office was removed from his position and took action against us for unfair dismissal.
    The case was found in his favor in our absence, due to non-receipt of any legal correspondence and covid-19 restrictions which forbids us from travelling.

BBA-Reman Ltd is currently contesting the case, the authorities are demanding that we settle the matter before we are allowed to re-open the premises, this is also currently being contested by our lawyers.

It is our intention to re-open as soon as possible and address all our customer issues.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused but rest assured we are trying our upmost to resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Joe Petcher
    Last edited by Jason5driver; 12-08-2020 at 12:21 PM.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason5driver View Post
    I just received this email this morning ...

[ From USA Taunton Office ]

Good morning,

Apologies for the issues you are receiving at the USA office, let me please inform you as to what has happened.

Let me clarify our position, the former manager of the US office was removed from his position and took action against us for unfair dismissal.
    The case was found in his favor in our absence, due to non-receipt of any legal correspondence and covid-19 restrictions which forbids us from travelling.

BBA-Reman Ltd is currently contesting the case, the authorities are demanding that we settle the matter before we are allowed to re-open the premises, this is also currently being contested by our lawyers.

It is our intention to re-open as soon as possible and address all our customer issues.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused but rest assured we are trying our upmost to resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Joe Petcher
    What a crock that is.
    What about any individual's employment suit would preclude the business from being open and have the Sheriff controlling access?
    Last edited by JimLev; 01-27-2021 at 12:03 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast