Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBA Reman -closed?

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    Quote Originally Posted by ross1 View Post
    What a crock o'shit that is.
    What about any individual's employment suit would preclude the business from being open and have the Sheriff controlling access?
    I will try and find out ...

Looking for an E39 belly pan , passenger front inner fender liner …

My Cars
    79 242, 99 528iT, 11 TSX
    Quote Originally Posted by harribert View Post
    I ended up buying a rebuilt Dorman unit from Rockauto. Got a DSC controller acting as a dust cover to send in as a core, plus my 5% discount. Hopefully it's worth the $350...
    Rebuilt Dorman unit went in and worked fine with zero recoding, for anyone unwilling to wait for this ordeal to blow over.

What a crock that is.
    What about any individual's employment suit would preclude the business from being open and have the Sheriff controlling access?
    It would appear that the judiciary has not bothered to open the curtains to look outside at what has been transpiring over the last 12 or so months. Seems about right actually...
    Last edited by JimLev; 01-27-2021 at 12:04 AM.

My Cars
    2002 525i
    What a crock o'shit that is.
    Agree. It's a lame excuse. When the sheriff takes over it usually means the landlord has filed a writ of possession, or whatever it's called there, due to the lessee defaulting on the rent. How defaulting on their court case equates to not paying rent is unclear.
    Current stable:
    2002 525i (Daily Driver)
    1994 SN95 Mustang 'Vert (The Bumblebee)
    2001 325i Convertible (Beach cruiser project)

My Cars
    E12, E12, E36, E39
    I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. But I find that entirely believable. People get stuck in the middle all the time thru no fault of their own. Not saying it is or isn't true, but at a minimum I'd say it's plausible.
    98 328is
    02 525ita
    80 528i
    81 528ia
    and decades of owning and driving BMWs

My Cars
    2001 530i (E39) 128k
    Subscribed to know what happened.
    BBA fixed my ABS about 10 years ago, so it's sad to see an indy vendor go up in flames like this.

My Cars
    electronic technologies

BBA is back in the building

BBA- Remanufacturing is open in a limited capacity right now. they are trying to get things up and going again. first phase 1 is to get in touch with you customers about parts you have on site and hope the sheriffs office didn’t hinder that. the sheriff office has a number for a employee at BBA- starting phase 1 the phones are still not up on site.

My Cars
    electronic technologies
    BBA-Remanufacturing USA is open in limited capacity 1-25-2021. they are in phase 1 of trying to get back and running. which is getting in touch with it’s valued customers. they have someone there on site trying to reopen. i think the sheriffs office has he’s number. they were sabotaged by a disgruntled employee or ex employee

My Cars
    '00 e39 540i M-Sport
    Since you are only 1 mile away from BBA-Reman, would you be willing to check on my part? I'll pay you! They got my module back on Oct-04-21, lately for over 4 weeks now phones are not answered, emails, messages; NADA. Not sure how to proceed. Almost got into my car and drove there to see them in-person but I am 6hrs+ away. Private message me, I'll get you the info. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Anderson View Post
    After riding by BBA Reman dozens of times, I finally needed their service. It's one mile from my house (Massachusetts).
    Dropped off my ABS module (2003 530i, M54) and was told it would be about five days. No call came, I waited.
    After twice that long, I went over to ask about it, and the place is completely closed with a sign on the door
    "seized by order of the county sheriff" or some such. I guess they didn't pay their bills or something?

I had read both good and bad things about them. I should have paid more attention to the dates on those threads, though.
    Went over to ask a local mechanic if he still uses them; he hasn't in over a year, he said, due to problems.

So now they have my module and there's nobody there. I'm supposed to call a guy in the sheriff's office today, and
    apparently he's going to tell me when I might go by there and retrieve my module. Knock on wood right?

If you've had positive and RECENT experiences with one of their competitors, please let us know.

My Cars
    99 540i/6 &'14 Tacoma
    Bba Reman suck! my module didnt last long after I received it back from them, trifecta light returned maybe 2000 miles after I reconnected, went to call to ask to send it back in under the "lifetime warrantee" and find out they are permantly closed. Im down here on the Cape and all the foreign indys have nothing good to say about their work so I guess it was a shoddy biz all along and got what was coming to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Bba Reman suck! my module didnt last long after I received it back from them, trifecta light returned maybe 2000 miles after I reconnected, went to call to ask to send it back in under the "lifetime warrantee" and find out they are permantly closed. Im down here on the Cape and all the foreign indys have nothing good to say about their work so I guess it was a shoddy biz all along and got what was coming to them.

My Cars
    2003 540i M-Sport
    In terms of next steps:

I have a lot of trust for ModuleMasters.

Reason being is I sent them my module.

They fixed it but in the process shorted out the diagnosis line. This means that while the ABS is connected, it takes out all diagnosis lines going back to the OBD-II connector. OBDII becomes useless.

I had purchased the warranty though so they got it fixed.

But it wasn't that simple to fix, and I truly feel they went above and beyond with the patience they had.

The reason for this is that the first replacement module they sent me... Well that one didn't work. While the wiring was refurbished, another part of the module was not. This one, which controls the valves cycling open and closed, was damaged.

They recommended I send that back and they will send out a new one. They did. Second one, same story, but different valves were having the issue

One again, we swapped modules. I sent mine back, and received a third.

On the third time, everything worked. Throughout this whole ordeal, we actually ate through their entire replacement module stockpile. That third module they sent me was the last one they had.

ALL shipping expenses were covered by the company. They kept in touch with me throughout the entire time. They let me keep my original module. And they let me talk to the engineer for a few hours so I can get some additional insight and also do some additional diagnosis.

So that's why I feel comfortable recommending them.

I feel for everyone who had a bad experience and didn't get taken care of, so the point of this post is to hopefully give others reading this thread a "safe haven" to go to next.

modules.jpg
    Play Your Game. Meaning to say, do what you want to do, in the way you want to do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12