Thread: After Hours Autosport's Dumb**** Juice E82 Build

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more

After Hours Autosport's Dumb**** Juice E82 Build

I know this forum is mostly dead, but it's still fun to keep track of builds here like a little journal. I haven't taken a lot of pics but the actual build is just now starting.

The Car - 2008 128i

Untitled by novablue454, on Flickr

It showed up with standing water inside (flood damage). First thing was to get rid of all the moldy and wet interior.

I lost all the pics I took, but we shaved the engine bay, got rid of the factory boxes, and completely shaved/detabbed the interior

Its over at a buddies shop getting a cage / pedal box / and steering column done as we speak. I know I know, I own a fab shop and am having someone else do the cage, but he's got some of the prettiest TIG welds in the state and we are trying to make this car as much show as it is go.

Meanwhile the rear suspension showed up from Wisefab

The Subframe from HGK and the Diff from RTS arrived

and the GSR + Bellhousing got here from RTS

The engine is on order being built, if you know us you know what family it's from, but we're going a little different route with this one than the previous builds.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    So when picking my current drift car, I was between this, FRS, and E46. I decided against the 1 series for a few reasons. One of them was chassis development. What's similar between other platforms? I see there's wisefab stuff. is that 1 series specific? I don't see many of them sliding. Assuming you can get a manual trans, this doesn't seem like a bad drifter to use out of the box.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    So when picking my current drift car, I was between this, FRS, and E46. I decided against the 1 series for a few reasons. One of them was chassis development. What's similar between other platforms? I see there's wisefab stuff. is that 1 series specific? I don't see many of them sliding. Assuming you can get a manual trans, this doesn't seem like a bad drifter to use out of the box.
    This was an auto, but I'm doing a Tilton pedal box anyway so that doesn't really matter.

Suspension wise, damn near everything is E92. That's an E92 Subframe and E92 Wisefab. Front suspension is E92 as well. The coilovers are 1 series specific but only in spring rate, E92s bolt on but sit the car weird.

E92 Slr Kit is here too

The only things that are sort of a pain is like overs don't exist this second (but BDC is making a kit as we speak) and it's significantly more expensive than a 36/46 to get parts for.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    wisefab rear and SLR front? Interesting.

So you swapped over the E92 stuff or you mean they are the same thing? Cuz man... selling my LS E46 to just drive a comfy 1 series sounds nice right about now.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    wisefab rear and SLR front? Interesting.

So you swapped over the E92 stuff or you mean they are the same thing? Cuz man... selling my LS E46 to just drive a comfy 1 series sounds nice right about now.
    They're the same, the rear subframes are the same part number on RealOEM. But just for fun I added every WF rear arm + an angle kit to a cart and it was still less than what just this rear arm/knuckle setup is, and the SLR is about double the cost of the 36/46 angle kits.

I'm actually trying to sell that SLR now and switch to WF but will unlikely be able to do so. IMO they made it take too much weird shit and simplicity + availability are key on these cars. It takes like 1 series coilovers but with f22 lowers with 180mm radial mount calipers with ???? rotors with some x5 bolts for the M3 bearings instead of the regular wheel bearing bolts.

I am worried about this chassis as a drift car though, E92s are 108.7" wheelbase, E82 is 104.7", e36 is 106.3", and e46 is 107.3". It's still way above my FC at 95.7" or the 96" S14 so hopefully it doesn't end up too twitchy.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Ok so pass on the 1 series. But based on that, sounds like the e9x isnt that much better.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    LS E46
    How much are you asking for the SLR kit?

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
    How much are you asking for the SLR kit?
    $2900, that's what I'm in to it and it took like 4 - 5 months to get.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    The 427 has arrived

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    small photo dump update, its coming along. Had my good friends at the Denver Doughnut Shop knock out this cage as I didn't have time with the Pro car

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    do you have time for anything else in life?

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    do you have time for anything else in life?
    I mean, I'm here 40-50 hours a week. I try to make sure to preserve personal / friend time, otherwise burnout gets real.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Good to hear. you do good work man. Proud of you

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    holy shit this needs updated, car is basically done lol

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Plz. would like details. I watch on IG/FB but a good writeup would be nice. This was my chassis of choice after the E46. At least for BMW.