Thread: S5X oil pump rebuild

My Cars
    1995 M3

S5X oil pump rebuild

So I'm going through all the trouble of rebuilding my S50. I'll be going with an achilles baffle and Accusump. Should I rebuild the pump? I plan to install the Achilles hardened shaft. Looks like I can get a new inside rotor (the shaft presses onto this), outer rotor, pressure valve, spring, and o-ring. At the very least, think I'll get a new spring and o-ring. Maybe inspect the rest for wear? What say everyone?

My Cars
    turbo e36
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerboy318 View Post
    So I'm going through all the trouble of rebuilding my S50. I'll be going with an achilles baffle and Accusump. Should I rebuild the pump? I plan to install the Achilles hardened shaft. Looks like I can get a new inside rotor (the shaft presses onto this), outer rotor, pressure valve, spring, and o-ring. At the very least, think I'll get a new spring and o-ring. Maybe inspect the rest for wear? What say everyone?

Theres really not much to rebuild...the rotor and the housing can be reused as long as there is no damage or pitting to the surfaces of the gears, springs and o rings should always be replaced, they are wear items. On my last build, i took apart 3 pumps, took the best gear and housing fit, and and made one super pump out of em. The others looked fine, except one of the rotors had a small pit on the teeth, probably from ingesting metal...Good luck!