Thread: E92 M3 Turbo Setup Explanation

My Cars
    2014 Toyota Rav4

E92 M3 Turbo Setup Explanation

So I was surfing the web the other day in search of a BMW E92 M3 and decided to look into the forced induction options for the car. I came to find that there were 4 main kits, 3 superchargers and 1 turbocharger. The supercharger kits were made by VF Engineering, ESS Tuning, and Active Autowerkes. The turbo system that I found was made by Gintani. I was interested in turboing the car and decided to see if there were other options or possibly some parts that could help me to create my own custom system. This search led me to a build by Formula Autohaus. This was a Liberty Walk E92 M3 single turbo. I found this interesting because I read that they were possibly going to release the turbo system as a kit but couldn't find it anywhere (This could've just been me). As I looked at this build I started to see things that didn't make sense to me and wanted to get some clarification. So I started to look into them. If you notice in the first picture there are two valve cover breathers made by R2C. These are attached to something but I'm not sure what it is. when I tried to look it up I couldn't find what they were or their purpose. I originally thought that these were for crankcase pressure but don't understand how that would work because as you can see in the second image the part of the plenum that these unknown parts are attached to is just a bypass to the inside. When I went to look at the Active Autowerkes kit that was being used in the build for the plenum I noticed that it had two parts on the sides as well (Third Picture) but didn't have the valve cover breathers. So that puts me here, I have no idea what they point of these parts are and I have no idea if the parts in the third picture are similar or being used for a different purpose. If there is anyone with more information about this and could explain this to me that would be great.

My Cars
    none
    They are just vent to atmosphere breathers. What they are attached to is a baffled adapter that allows drain back without pushing oil through the breather filters. The pictures you posted look to be setup differently.