Thread: Just got ripped off by a mechanic shop!!!

My Cars
    1995 BMW 750IL

Just got ripped off by a mechanic shop!!!

Hello everyone, I want to share an experience. I own a 1995 BMW 750IL with less than 89k miles. I had it for many years until I ran into some electrical problem and took it to some mechanic shop that the owner had in his possession for roughly a yr. After so long, he simply did not fix the problem. He kept telling me it had some electrical problem, and could not figure it out. I was forced to take home and end up not doing nothing with it. Now that I find my self with hopes of fixing it again. I find out that many parts are missing. Especially the catalyst converters!!

What am I to do? I barely saved up enough money to have another mechanic try and fix it for me , but parts are missing.!!

I'm from Dallas, Texas and if anybody has any kind of advice, maybe some lawyer I can talk to it would be nice.

My Cars
    1997 M3 2007 X3m & 328xi
    The first problem that I see with this tale is that some mechanic had your car for about a year. If I had someone's car for more than a month I would be pissed and advise the owner to come and get the car whether I had resolved the issue or not. Trying to sue someone for your own negligence seems a bit over the top. Paying an attorney will cost you more than just moving on and replacing what is missing. I'm sure there are plenty of those 7 series to be had for parts cars as well. Life tends to provide us with these kinds of experiences so we will learn from them. Look in the mirror and ask yourself where did I go wrong here and then be all the more wiser the next time you're facing a similar situation.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Who has a car for a year, except a restorer. I’m sorry but the situation is just not good. I would learn from this lesson and move on, get rid of the e32, find a newer car. In my opinion. Hell my boss gives me a hard time if I have a car for a week.

My Cars
    M3
    1st bit of advice. Sell me the car for next to nothing.. problem solved.