Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got banned from a E31 W.O.A FB Page....

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci

Just got banned from a E31 W.O.A FB Page....

This is not meant to bash anyone but just state a few facts....
    Many of you guys have known me for more than a decade, I never post anything crazy or offensive, 98% of what I post is technical.
    So when I saw a video Alec Cartio posted of a dude working on his CSI in a front yard of some shop absolutely butchering top end job, wrestling with a wiring harness that has not been lifted off the engine to remove intake manifold bolts and using power tools with every hole open just waiting for a nut to drop in, naturally it made me cringe inside.... I commented something along the lines to hang that brittle harness for gods sakes, which made Alec throw a hissy fit, respond that he knows exactly what he is doing and the harness is getting replaced Then my and Cartoons comments got deleted. (Alec is one of the moderators for that fb group)
    I made a separate post calling out Alec on deleting non offensive comments just because they don't go along with his marketing agenda and that he is using this FB group as his own personal marketing tool... That got me banned
    Simple story, not that I care alot about being on that group because it's not very technical but I thought I share my experience.
    Last edited by dragon850; 11-09-2020 at 06:39 PM.

My Cars
    Bmw 540i Sport
    He banned me too
    I'm from Iran myself so ask me about how Iranian think and do things lol He is just some cheese on toast maker
    Came to usa make music video for some Iranian junkies...
    he saw light in classic bmw market and jumped on it...
    he doesn't understand any of those technical details You pointed out

Of course he block you
    Because he is milking people with those stupid price...he can't risk having someone
    Fault $120k + price tag 850csi

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by f13platform; 11-09-2020 at 02:19 PM.

F13platform, on Flickr

My Cars
    1991 850i 6-speed
    12.5k members is a valuable set of people to market E31 sales listings to...
    I’m not surprised that he’s taking action to protect anyone who he feels are critical of his efforts to market those vehicles, but I definitely don’t agree with it.
    It’s a shame that a FB group like that, which is the largest and most active for the E31, is seeing this type of issue surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver
    In case no one has noticed, but Facebook has really become a $hithole in recent times - not surprised at any of this really.
    '93 850Ci - Mineralweiß Metallic

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

...the price of cool ain't cheap!

My Cars
    Bmw 540i Sport
    Facebook in creating snowflake society
    Lol
    You cant say $hit because you offended someone... if I was fake e31 ambassador I would jump of the bridge or something
    Chin up lads don't give this guy fame or attention he is no one

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

F13platform, on Flickr

My Cars
    ‘91 850ci, Artic W
    Sorry to hear that. Seems to be the 'norm' from tyrant wannabes. I much more appreciate the technical aspect instead of the 'mutual admiration society' stroking each others ego's. 8 on !!

My Cars
    91 850i
    Commenting is now disabled on that particular post. If they were actually replacing that harness, the top end job would be so much easier with the harness completely removed. I just did the same job on my M70, and you could not convince me that removing that harness is more difficult than wrestling with and working around it.

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserface View Post
    Commenting is now disabled on that particular post. If they were actually replacing that harness, the top end job would be so much easier with the harness completely removed. I just did the same job on my M70, and you could not convince me that removing that harness is more difficult than wrestling with and working around it.
    Yeah, harness was definitely not getting replaced, who would want to do it anyway, 4k and it stopped being available 10 years ago lol....so he was just talking nonsense.
    For someone that has done atleast 20 full top end jobs in total, watching someone wrestling and ripping around that fragile harness makes my skin crawl!

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    Had a 1991 BMW 850

Harness

Mechanic made me look good

Alec has been doing a good job selling to the Bring a Trailer crowd which at the top end requires excellent presentation. I also feel he is full of himself trying to make these cars into investment material.

I need to get back at it and continue to piece my A and C Pillars back together with Fiberglass and fake ultrasuede

What is also funny about dragon850 getting banned is the amount of extraneous crap that gets posted/spammed that does not get the ban hammer applied

My Cars
    95 740i, 92 ACSchnitzer
    It seems some people are really full of themselves, they have a hard time shi**ing.
    Lets get the party started before it's my bedtime.

My Cars
    e39 m5, e31
    Lol. I have to admit the whole “caretaker” marketing bs in his movies gets a little old as he tries to make crazy money on e31’s. Every single one is sold as the most pristine and perfect e31 to ever grace the internet. Inflating the market with high prices just makes things more unobtainable for the DIY’ers who are passionate about these cars and may not have a lot of excess cash. I’ve flipped cars myself so I get it.

I will say when I did the intakes I couldn’t get the lower harness disconnected where it drops down in front on driver side. It connects to alternator and ac compressor I want to say. I had to work around the harness.

My Cars
    99 840ci Sport Indv
    You need to have thick skin to stay on social media these days - just let it wash over, that's my plan!
    Timm..2007 E64 650i Individual Sport..1999 E31 840ci Individual Sport..ex owner of 2000 E38 740..1999 E38 740i V8 M62..1998 E38 735i V8..1993 E32 730i V8..1988 E28 518i

My BMW Repair YouTube Channel
    My Current 840ci Sport Individual
    My Current 650ci Sport Individual
    My E31 Repair and Information Website
    My E38 Repair and Information Website
    My E63/E64 Repair and Information Website

Chase - Heroes to a generation

My Cars
    bmw 850
    Every group has its rules, and you should get banned if you break them,not for contributing and having a discussion, that is wrong.
    Last edited by razman850; 11-10-2020 at 09:05 PM.

My Cars
    91-Dinan 850TT
    Really tried to avoid any comment here but....Dragon- you are one of the most productive and unselfish folks in the family for many years. I have never cared for folks who join this group or associate for profit. It's a closer family that takes care of each other. This guy obviously does not fit. Blow his azz off.
    Last edited by TTTXGreg; 11-10-2020 at 08:53 PM.

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by razman850 View Post
    Every group has its rules, and you should get banded if you break them,not for contributing and having a discussion, that is wrong.
    Exactly.

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by TTTXGreg View Post
    Really tried to avoid any comment here but....Dragon- you are one of the most productive and unselfish folks in the family for many years. I have never cared for folks who join this group or associate for profit. It's a closer family that takes care of each other. This guy obviously does not fit. Blow his azz off.
    Thank you, it means alot!

My Cars
    95 740i, 92 ACSchnitzer
    Quote Originally Posted by TTTXGreg View Post
    I think so too. He's in it for the pure profit, not to help you change a derskey valve to the muffler bearing.

My Cars
    E38 M-Sport & Jaguar XK
    I made a comment against him (he was torpedoing someone's auction and I felt he was way out of line) and one of his "fanboys" tried to come after me. That was enough for me to see he was just a marketing machine looking to prop up his business...not to add value to the community. I unfriended him (AC) and have no use for him or his type. If he responds here, I will simply put him on mute. Just not the type of person I want to ever interact with.

My Cars
    91 850i +++
    Hmmm, the Mullah of Moola....
    How come the middle half of any project always takes the most time?

My Cars
    745Li
    It's pathetic seeing administrator using the group as "marketing tool" to make profits rather than creating a great environment for E31 enthusiasts world wide. The main reason your messages got deleted & banned was most likely because his client could possibly see them thus changing mind about buying those CSIs overseas. While I'm not against flipping cars for profit, this is not what a leader of the group supposed to do. It would be a huge loss without Dragon850 being one of the most knowledgable E31 Gurus in the group. I'd still recommened you whenever someone asks about where they can get their E31 taken care of in Norcal!

My Cars
    95 740i, 92 ACSchnitzer
    Is he on this forum?

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by gaspump View Post
    Is he on this forum?
    Oh yeah... just being very very quiet.

My Cars
    '91 E31 850i,'05 E53 4.4
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon850 View Post
    Oh yeah... just being very very quiet.
    As he should be.
    I swear, my cars are like a girlfriend.
    Sometimes its a rough ride, sometimes its smooth motorin'.
    Sometimes she doesnt like how i treat her and sometimes i dont like how she behaves.
    BUT at the end of the day, she loves it when I am inside her.

My Cars
    1992 E31 850i
    Until the next pump-and-dump on Bring-A-Trailer.

Cheers, John

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by dukegrad98 View Post
    Until the next pump-and-dump on Bring-A-Trailer.

Cheers, John
    Exactly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast