Thread: 2020 Imola GP

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG

2020 Imola GP

Ok race. A good track, too narrow it seems.

BOT had good pole and OK first stint, but debris on his floor handicapped him some. MAX had him until his puncture.

HAM start was not good but he extended his stint and even without the VSC, after the leaders had pitted, he was ahead. Once he took control it was over.

Good race for RIC and Kvyat. Checo had the podium, but the decision to pit him under SC was idiotic.

Albon useless again, and Stroll crashing into his mechanics.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Cool track; hopefully we go back with ground effect. That's all I think about now watching these races, "this will be so much cooler when the cars can follow each other again."

Lots of heartbreak in this race: Bottas's floor getting messed up and picking up debris in his wing, Gasly's car dying, Verstappen's tire exploding after finally freeing himself, the terrible pitstops for Vettel/Perez/etc., and somehow Grosjean was the only one to get a track limits penalty.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    I think we're the only two left here

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVA164 View Post
    I think we're the only two left here
    The others are just lurking, waiting for MERC or its drivers to mess up a race, or for Ferrari to rise again.

Ferrari has been working on a legal power unit for a while now, maybe they may have something next year. Budget cap may bring teams closer.

Alonso also completed almost 100 laps on an old Renault

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Roadster
    I'm a semi lurker but post every so often. This is one of the worst tracks. Not much passing even with DRS. Most of the position changes occurred with pit stops. I hope they don't come back here. Everybody is bored this year because Merc is so dominant. They are dominant because they work hard at it and have 2 of the top 5 drivers. Hamilton is such a superior talent that no one can compete with him at his best. Very much like Schumacher in his prime. Verstappen is very close but not quite there. Bottas, Ricciardo, and LeClerc are right behind them.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by VĒmp View Post
    The others are just lurking, waiting for MERC or its drivers to mess up a race, or for Ferrari to rise again.

Ferrari has been working on a legal power unit for a while now, maybe they may have something next year. Budget cap may bring teams closer.

Alonso also completed almost 100 laps on an old Renault
    I think Alonso and Ricciardo could be an interesting pair. That'll be a "two #1 drivers" situation, at least for a little while. Hopefully the budget cap closes things up a little. New wheels still happening next year?

Quote Originally Posted by mgambini View Post
    I'm a semi lurker but post every so often. This is one of the worst tracks. Not much passing even with DRS. Most of the position changes occurred with pit stops. I hope they don't come back here. Everybody is bored this year because Merc is so dominant. They are dominant because they work hard at it and have 2 of the top 5 drivers. Hamilton is such a superior talent that no one can compete with him at his best. Very much like Schumacher in his prime. Verstappen is very close but not quite there. Bottas, Ricciardo, and LeClerc are right behind them.
    I'm gonna blame that on the cars, not the track. The track doesn't suit DRS and the current aero, but I'm not super concerned about it for the long term.

The fight at the front is dull as all get out, but the midfield has been a blast! Tons of good racing there.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Roadster
    Alonzo will be with Renault and Ricciardo with McLaren. I don't think they be together unless Alonzo is starting this year.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by mgambini View Post
    Alonzo will be with Renault and Ricciardo with McLaren. I don't think they be together unless Alonzo is starting this year.
    Oh whoops, correct

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyPhilips View Post
    It will be very interesting to watch the Grand Prix of Turkey this weekend. I find the Intercity Istanbul Park track very interesting.
    Yeah. I saw F1 released their provisional schedule for next season and all these interesting tracks are gone again. Bummer.