Thread: How to fix dent in E36 trunk?

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Sedan

How to fix dent in E36 trunk?

Hey everyone, this is my first post!
    About a month ago I bought my first BMW, an E36 M3. It's a car I've dreamed of having since I was a kid, and I love it! I had the clutch replaced and replaced the impact strips myself, but that's about it in terms of work I've done on it so far. There are two spots that need a little love on the body, one of which I know is going to need to be done professionally as it's just old bondo that's started to crack a little bit, and the other is a dent right over the "M3" badge on the trunk lid. It's a small dent, and I was hoping I'd be able to pop it out from the inside myself but there's a metal panel in the way on the inside of the trunk lid. I was wondering if that metal is a removable panel that I could take out to get at the dent from the inside, or if it's all welded and will need to be dealt with a different way. Any ideas are welcome! I just want to get rid of this stupid little dent.

My Cars
    S54 E36 M3, E32 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewstevens View Post
    Hey everyone, this is my first post!
    About a month ago I bought my first BMW, an E36 M3. It's a car I've dreamed of having since I was a kid, and I love it! I had the clutch replaced and replaced the impact strips myself, but that's about it in terms of work I've done on it so far. There are two spots that need a little love on the body, one of which I know is going to need to be done professionally as it's just old bondo that's started to crack a little bit, and the other is a dent right over the "M3" badge on the trunk lid. It's a small dent, and I was hoping I'd be able to pop it out from the inside myself but there's a metal panel in the way on the inside of the trunk lid. I was wondering if that metal is a removable panel that I could take out to get at the dent from the inside, or if it's all welded and will need to be dealt with a different way. Any ideas are welcome! I just want to get rid of this stupid little dent.
    You could try a paintless dent repair guy. Find one in your area, see what he charges. I guarantee that you'll make it look worse if you try it yourself. Videos make it look easy. It's not.

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Sedan
    Yeah, I was thinking PDR might be the only realistic option but was hoping I might be able to figure something else out that I could do myself lol. Good to know, I'll probably end up getting a quote.