Thread: After n52 timing procedure do i need to reset anything from ecu

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

After n52 timing procedure do i need to reset anything from ecu

I rebuild the engine and replaced the head gasket. I also did the timing procedure with the special timing tool (Put the pin crankshaft lock to flywheel, qr codes up etc. ). Everything looks ok. But when I try to start engine, it cranks but I get P052b and P054b errors. Engine does not start. What can cause this problem ? Do I need any reset software related. Btw I replaced the exhaust vanos beacuse it was broken. I also did timing after all replacement (cleaned all screws from oil pan and cleaned all dirty oil from pan) the car run but I see the smoke from gasket side and replaced the head gasket. Now I am pretty sure I completed the timing procedure correctly. But engine does not start, I also see these errors with regular ODB II reader, while I am trying to run the engine.

I am really tired to watch all youtube videos, please let me know if it is software related or something wrong with oil, sensors or solenoids, or reset issue... I am stucked.

My Cars
    1998 e36
    those codes indicate that both camshaft timing is not correctly set. They are more retarded, meaning camshafts sit more counter-clockwise than where they were originally.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe
    Thank you for reply Hakentt. Actually I see that battery is dead and it could not start the engine.(I tried jump starts etc they did not work too ) Engine runs now. But I have another issue, actually same with first one. I replaced the cylinder head gasket because there was a smoke around exhaust side of the engine, I supposed that it is bad gasket, but after I replaced the gasket, I have the same issue, engine running like diesel rattling and after 5 or 10 second it is like Bouncing or shaking during idle and rpm changes and engine stalls, I see white smoke around exhaust side of engine. I am not a professional mechanic but I am field service engineer, I did all procedures correct and torque specs everything. But I am stucked here.. I suspect bad catalytic converter, engine block crack, or any idea ?

My Cars
    1998 e36
    it is cheaper to install used good short block then do engine gaskets on these engines. there is a reason why these are cheap now, they are junk

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe
    is it possible if the catalytic converter clogged. This smoke like a exhaust smoke