Thread: ECS worst customer service experience ever!

My Cars
    1999 BMW Z3 M Roadster

ECS worst customer service experience ever!

Made 3 phone calls in 3 days to find out where I stood on an order placed the first of October. I heard from the supplier they had delivered the part but no one could or would give me an update on whether I was on the list to receive the part or where I stood in line. So frustrated I cancelled my order and will look elsewhere. Sorry for the rant.

My Cars
    99 M3

While ECS has hiccups occasionally , I think they do OK. And during the current time I believe the deserve a break.
    Generally, I feel they offer a good selection at a number of price points without offering really cheap stuff, and pricing is fair even on BMW branded items. And I can generally fill a cart to achieve free shipping.

I was aware that ECS (1962 started as Euro-Car Service) or AEH (Enthusiast Auto Holdings the umbrella company of ECS) had purchased Turner (parts sales) and absorbed BavAuto, but forgot they had also purchased Pelican Parts. Kinda becoming the Amazon of Euro parts suppliers (not that Amazon has swallowed up it’s competition)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bluptgm3; 10-28-2020 at 02:59 PM.

My Cars
    1999 Z3 M-Roadster, 2007
    I've bought a lot of parts from ECS. Never had any trouble.

My Cars
    02 MC, 01 MR, 99 Z3C
    Sorry to hear about your experience. I too have ordered from them in the past and some of my orders have been pretty complicated - lots of small connectors, gaskets, drain plugs, etc - or rare and heavily discounted items like a Supersprint exhaust more than 55% off. They have filled the orders promptly and accurately. I have not had to return any items to them or had to deal with any unreasonable delays so I cannot really comment on how they handle problems, but overall my experience has been good.
    Kelvin

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    I've spent way more on Z3 parts from ECS than I paid for the car originally and I've never had a bad experience. Probably dropped 6k there over the last 6-7 years for 3 different vehicles and always got what I asked for and sometimes some extra parts I didn't ask for 😃

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M-Roadster
    Product inventory and order fulfillment in today's marketplace can be quite complex. The facade we see from out favorite online storefront doesn't reflect the chaos that ensues when you hit the purchase button
    Tony
    "You can't sign away negligence."

My Cars
    1998 Z3M, 2006 330i
    When I bought my shifter rebuild kit, they were short one part: the poly rear bushing. (I tried to get it elsewhere. Everyone was out of stock.) They gave me the option of waiting for the part, or choosing the stock rubber bushing. When I chose the rubber, they modified the "kit" price, to give me the best deal. They were really good about taking the time to figure it out. Given my experience, I don't understand why they didn't do better with OP.

My Cars
    z3
    I ordered something from ECS like 3 weeks ago (said in stock, lol yeah right) and it got here yesterday

ECS is a huge company and sometimes they are hit and miss. I will still order from them in the future

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    I've never had a bad experience with ECS, but then again, haven't ordered anything from them in a while. I did look back through my history, and had a 42-item order that showed up within a few days and no hiccups. I guess it's more hit or miss these days. Bummer.
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    There are lots of covid related delays these days. Especially electronics.

My Cars
    ...it depands
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    ...ECS is a huge company and sometimes they are hit and miss...
    That's been my experience as well. I still shop from them. But I usually check with my other go-to-places first.
    2000 Z3 M Titanium Silver / Imola Red+Black Nappa
    2011 328i E92 Space Gray Metallic / Leder Dakota+Oyster
    Since 1987 12 euros / 2 kdms / 2 jdms
    - Zach

My Cars
    '98 Z3 1.9 Rdstr
    I’ve had good luck with Pelican Parts

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by nevan View Post
    That's been my experience as well. I still shop from them. But I usually check with my other go-to-places first.
    Yes me too, I check FCP first and then some others if FCP doesnt have it. But for a lot of Euro only, or aftermarket, or just obscure parts, ECS seems to often have parts in stock when others dont

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1998 Z3M, 2006 330i
    It's nice that we have several good choices. Pelican has the write-ups, which rates consideration when buying. ECS has good prices and availability. FCP has parts, service, and the bravest owners (see their "An Open Letter to Our Community" policy statement), so for those that value such qualities, they are a good place to buy. I like Autohaus because they are in my neighborhood and decent to deal with.

My Cars
    z3
    ECS actually bought Pelican Parts not too long ago. And Turner motorsport as well

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    99 M3

ECS actually bought Pelican Parts not too long ago. And Turner motorsport as well
    ...and absorbed BavAuto. All owned by an investment Corp now - Bertram Capital.

Last edited by bluptgm3; 10-30-2020 at 05:19 PM.

My Cars
    z3
    Yup. I only didnt mention BavAuto because it was a little different than a takeover. BavAuto went under, then ECS bought their remaining assets and dissolved the company

I wouldnt be surprised if that was a response to the negative backlash they got after taking over Turner and Pelican - people were NOT happy they said their employees would retain their jobs but were let go very soon after. Less negative publicity if they buy a failed company's assets as they did with BavAuto. May have also been a factor that the BavAuto brand was not as renowned and respected as Pelican and Turner. Hard to say.

Its one of those things I find interesting. Most people in the US would probably say they support a free market. Yet whenever these things happen people get very upset...

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M-Roadster
    Yup. I only didnt mention BavAuto because it was a little different than a takeover. BavAuto went under, then ECS bought their remaining assets and dissolved the company

I wouldnt be surprised if that was a response to the negative backlash they got after taking over Turner and Pelican - people were NOT happy they said their employees would retain their jobs but were let go very soon after. Less negative publicity if they buy a failed company's assets as they did with BavAuto. May have also been a factor that the BavAuto brand was not as renowned and respected as Pelican and Turner. Hard to say.

Its one of those things I find interesting. Most people in the US would probably say they support a free market. Yet whenever these things happen people get very upset...
    <off topic> That's one giant can of worms </off topic>
    Tony
    "You can't sign away negligence."

My Cars
    z3
    Yes, of course. Ultimately - economic systems, like people, or Z3's - are never perfect. Maybe we can simply leave it at that

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    '20 X3MC, '01 Z3M
    Quote Originally Posted by bluptgm3 View Post
    ...and absorbed BavAuto. All owned by an investment Corp now - Bertram Capital.

Makes so much sense. I was sitting this thread out on the sidelines bc I shopped mostly from them and it's been fine. Then I placed an order 2 weeks ago for some body clips. First, they have the wrong clips for the part number. Happens to everyone, so fine. Then I ordered what I needed on a Sunday, with the site saying that I could do 1 day shipping and have it on Tuesday. Paid for it. Monday FedEx tells me it'll be here Wednesday. I email them saying "hey -- you said Tuesday." They nicely apologize and refund the shipping (which I didn't ask them to do). Then they lose the order. Like ... for a week. On Thursday, after another prod, they say "sorry, we lost it, we'll re-ship". Radio silence. On Sunday, I email them saying "either ship, or cancel." They shipped it on Sunday, via ... FedEx SmartPost. Literally the slowest shipping option they have. And when I emailed saying "did you really ship this the slowest way you could?" I got a "yup!"

Yeah. Never say never, but I'm moving on from ECS.

My Cars
    99 Coupe 16 GS350 FSPORT
    For cheap parts like clips and such I have had decent luck with ECS, but I just ordered my radiator and wheel bearings from FCP. Paid a couple more bucks for the warranty. Shipping speeds seem to be about the same except ECS will ship on Saturday if the order gets picked before the truck leaves.