BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 2001 BMW 750IL Sport for sale

My Cars
    323 IC black and tan, 750IL full leather and sport

2001 BMW 750IL Sport for sale

sadly I am looking to sell my 2001 750IL sport, the Orient Blue with Oyster interior. I purchased this car after a lease turn in, and a short time owner that wanted the new body style, and I enjoyed 10 great years of driving before a head gasket issue decided to visit me. I did some work on it prior to sending to a shop dealing with the cooling system, replaced the radiator, drive fan, thermostat, water pump, hoses and upper heater control. This did not fix the issue and I finally accepted the fact it was a head gasket and took it to an Indy shop in my city. Over the period of a years time, I spent an additional $18,000.00 to totally rebuild the engine, all internals, valves, lifters, machined heads, gaskets, sensors, timing chain and guides, alternator, starter motor, flex joint in drive shaft, transmission service, replacement of filter, and flushed twice, O2 sensors and more. When I picked my car up the AC was not working so it was sent back to be fixed as it was working fine prior to all of this. I went on the road for work and let the shop owner know that the engine cover that was missing and the AC must be fixed and I had no problem giving them the time I was away to fix it and to have everything correct when I picked it up again.

I get a text first of this week telling me I need to do something about the car, when I responded that I am back working at home again and will come pick it up if everything was fixed and all missing parts replaced. No answer, asked the question again, no answer, so I said I would come drive it home, well it wont start. Turns out the owner of the shop let my car sit outside behind his shop for the whole time, fixing nothing and now I had a car with a total of $22,000 spent on, $18,000 at this shop and I cant even drive the car from the location. I had my car towed to the BMW dealership and the service manager was not willing to tear into another shops work, so I now have the car at my house. I am going to either replace the batterys, or see if they can be charged, the second pair I purchased during the time at the shop, and get it running again. Their is cosmetic flaws now on what was perfect paint, mainly in the clear coat, and the interior is filthy, but should be able to be cleaned up. The car has no radio and speakers as I was upgrading to an aftermarket set up and doing the Infosystem retrofit before the head gasket issue hit.

As much as I love this car, the bitter taste from the repair shop is not going away and it is just better to let it go and move on now. I have all receipts from the work done by the shop listed above and can provide that to anyone interested. This car with the right owner could be a beautiful cruiser again, and all internal engine and cooling normal issues have been taken care of, or if anyone wants a car to part for the profit in the parts it would be a good option for them as well.

I will post pictures once I have washed it and cleaned the interior. I am looking to get $5,000.00 for it provided everything is running like it should be, or will entertain less as well. This is a hard decision for me and the repair shop honestly performed auto repair malpractice, but I don't want to take on a fight in a court of law over it.

Any questions I will be happy to answer. My email is PTClinicGPT@yahoo.com

Thanks

Steven

My Cars
    2012 BMW 528i (sold)
    Do you have any pictures? Thanks!
    2021 BMW X5
    2019 BMW 330i
    2009 BMW 128i
    2001 BMW 740il
    1983 BMW 633CSI (Sold)
    2016 BMW 528i M-Sport