Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: F80 M3 Competition Package - Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax Review

My Cars
    A few

F80 M3 Competition Package - Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax Review

Hi all, I wanted to share some photographs of an F80 M3 that my female companion and I just picked up along with a review of Chemical Guys (CG) Butter Wet Wax. First, I want to say how awesome the car is. I have not been so impressed by a car in a long time. The fit, finish, and performance is top notch. With regards to the wax, I was also impressed. It applied and could be removed very easily (I used a Meguiars foam applicator pad, working by hand). Previously, I had been using the Meguiars M21 Mirror Glaze Synthetic Sealant and/or M26 Mirror Glaze Hi-Tech Yellow Wax on our cars with a Torq random orbital polisher. I would say the CG Butter Wet Wax is very similar to the M26 Yellow Wax, producing a nice deep gloss and shine. Now I am just curious to see how long the CG wax lasts. On to the photos!

My Cars
    2014xi, 98 Mroadster
    looks amazing, have always liked the chemical guys stuff in the past. update with longevity when you see it fading in protection
    (sold list)
    10' Evo10
    99' M Roady
    06' 330i
    03' Civic SI hatch black
    94' 325is brilliant red
    97' Grand Prix white
    99' GS-R black
    98' GTi totaled black
    89' 325is red (first love)
    87' 900s SAAB (saved my life, totaled)

My Cars
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by UNVM3s View Post
    looks amazing, have always liked the chemical guys stuff in the past. update with longevity when you see it fading in protection
    Thank ya and yes, I'll report back with durability/longevity.

My Cars
    A few
    Review update: the butter wet wax performed pretty well. I topped it periodically with Griots Best in Show spray detailer and it kept the finish very smooth and glossy with a lot of beading when wet. Note that this car is garaged and only driven during the winter in nice weather so that helped prolong the longevity of the wax.

This week I decided to apply 303's Graphene Nano Spray Coating after hearing good reviews. The coating does not require any special paint prep (unless it's contaminated) and boasts 1+ year of protection. I doubt the longevity is accurate but in any event, I was looking for something different that provided more protection and a nice deep gloss.

Application of the 303 coating was simple enough but the product does get sticky and tack up as it dries. Some may not like that since it requires more buffing to remove. I applied 1 coat and it made the paint ultra glossy and reflective. I was very impressed. However, the paint is not as slick feeling as the butter wet wax or other products I have used. Here are some photos.